Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse
The main issue I have with the plan is that most of the "high frequency routes" really aren't high enough frequency. The new 1 and 2 seem pretty good, and the main parts of the 10 are ok. But otherwise, no. None of these routes should drop below headways of 15 mintes at any time other than late at night (say after 10pm) and early morning (before 7am). 20 and 30 minute frequencies just doesn't cut it.
And my god when is there going to be at least one night route?? It should be route 1 plus route 52 (new route3) up to Lacewood and route 10 as far as Tacoma. This is long overdue.
|
Three notes -
1 - the times listed are minimums, not standards, so the new #1 would still run every ten minutes at peak.
2 - the proposed routing moves almost 50% of the resources of HT to the 10 corridor routes. This is a huge change
3 - Medium size cities don't often have all night transit. I did a quick survey of medium size cities Hamilton operates 6:30am to midnight, Regina 5-midnight, Victoria 6am-2-am, Quebec City 5:30am-2:30am. I think probably Halifax should look to 24 hr service on what today are called the 1, 10, 52, and 80 but I think that other service enhancements (the increased ferry service, the new network) need to happen first.