HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1941  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 2:41 AM
Your Boy Blue Your Boy Blue is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Or Green Bro, Plaid Shirts and Lumberjack are all the same person. Now that you mention it, Plaid Shirts and I disagreed a few times and then Lumberjack shows up and starts causing trouble towards me and Comrade when he supposedly just barely joined.
I had the exact same thoughts a couple weeks ago. The red flag for me was a couple weeks ago when he said he was reading through old posts and noticed people had been banned. He then asked what gets a person banned. I'm pretty sure Green Bro and Plaid Shirts did the exact same thing. It's always the people that ask what gets you banned that end up causing problems and getting banned.

Anyway, I was out for a walk today and grabbed a few photos that I posted over on the UPAC/111 thread. Nothing special, but thought i'd grab a few shot while I was out.
     
     
  #1942  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 4:40 AM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post
I think we need to be careful of the some of the rumors or hearsay, on this site, and the sources from which they come. I got carried away from this same source, and I am a bit embarrassed about it. Speaking with Peter Carroon gives me more peace of mind. Unless the intel comes from UTPlanner, I think it may be mostly conjecture.
I like to think my info is trustworthy as well
     
     
  #1943  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 5:20 AM
bflatflat9 bflatflat9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
I like to think my info is trustworthy as well
I think I speak for most if not all, that you're solid in here.
In fact upper echelon contributor.
And various accolades....
     
     
  #1944  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 11:47 AM
Jerm Jerm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West Co, CA
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubguy3 View Post
Day three of squirmfest 2015!

#squirmgate2015 #squirmdancefilmfestival #squirmlakecity
Jug what day are we on for squirmfest? I'll check back for your answer three days from now... Anyway back to development anyone else have news or a photobump they wanna share
     
     
  #1945  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 12:48 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,109
I may not know for certain who Lumberjack is/was but I did confirm that he was correct about the group that represents Omni hotels was in town 2 weeks ago and they were looking at sites for the CCH.

Beyond that though, I can't confirm much anything else he has said. But just this information would mean that there is some inside information. The odds of it being a lucky guess are really out there.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on just the above information.
     
     
  #1946  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 2:31 PM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Jug what day are we on for squirmfest? I'll check back for your answer three days from now... Anyway back to development anyone else have news or a photobump they wanna share
Day four of squirmfest. Oops I was timely

I'll get quick pics on TRAX of 111 if anything was different. Possibly also the new law college
     
     
  #1947  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 6:04 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Maybe Omni got to Lumberjack for saying too much.
     
     
  #1948  
Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 10:21 PM
SLCMoosy SLCMoosy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 41
Haha I love that I log in 4 days after posting the squirm comment and everyone is participating in squirmfest now

That being said... — is the promised update?
     
     
  #1949  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 1:07 AM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Maybe it's so long and detailed that it's taking four or five days just to type it?
     
     
  #1950  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 1:42 AM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
This is news that may have been missed:

Economists predict robust year in Salt Lake County real estate
http://www.sltrib.com/news/2121761-155/economists-predict-robust-year-in-salt



Above is probably the biggest news regarding residential in SLC in a very long time. I would also love to see them account for apartments as well rather than just houses and condos.

But this does show that even though other cities are adding housing, SLC is still growing and in some cases, faster than other cities (in sales, not counting births).

I think numbers like these are great as they do show people are moving to SLC faster than previous years and this will only continue as new opportunities are opened.

So while not the biggest development news, it is news that can lead to more developments.

Here are some updated numbers on 2014 home sales. While the numbers are a bit larger the near 30% is exactly right.

2014
Salt Lake County - 13,726
Salt Lake City - 3,932
28.64%

2015 so far, has stayed exactly the same, percentage wise.
SL Co - 938
SLC - 269
28.67%
     
     
  #1951  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 3:16 AM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,109
Another thing to remember is that Omni would be negotiating for the land that the CCH will occupy. With this negotiation, if information is presented that limits the locations to 2 or 3, costs will go up for acquisition.
     
     
  #1952  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 3:19 AM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
Here are some updated numbers on 2014 home sales. While the numbers are a bit larger the near 30% is exactly right.

2014
Salt Lake County - 13,726
Salt Lake City - 3,932
28.64%

2015 so far, has stayed exactly the same, percentage wise.
SL Co - 938
SLC - 269
28.67%
This is good news and I am glad that it is continuing this year as well.
     
     
  #1953  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 7:44 PM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
Photo update of new offices in Central 9th neighborhood on 700 South.
     
     
  #1954  
Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 12:55 AM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
Photo update of new offices in Central 9th neighborhood on 700 South.
I hope that the old office, on the corner, gets torn down and something with a little more height gets built there. Central 9th is slowly transforming into a vibrant neighborhood. A few more additions, like those in the works, and I imagine many additional ones will continue to build on vibrancy.
     
     
  #1955  
Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 8:30 PM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I hope that the old office, on the corner, gets torn down and something with a little more height gets built there. Central 9th is slowly transforming into a vibrant neighborhood. A few more additions, like those in the works, and I imagine many additional ones will continue to build on vibrancy.
I agree about Central 9th, there is so much potential in that neighborhood and its proximity to the Granary could help growth in both neighborhoods.
     
     
  #1956  
Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 8:55 PM
SL,UT's Avatar
SL,UT SL,UT is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Westshire, WVC
Posts: 136
Salt Lake announces Regent Street makeover

Full article here: http://kuer.org/post/salt-lake-city-announces-regent-street-makeover-plans
     
     
  #1957  
Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 8:58 PM
SL,UT's Avatar
SL,UT SL,UT is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Westshire, WVC
Posts: 136
     
     
  #1958  
Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 9:16 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Very cool. So, the plan they are showing is not Regent Street, but the mid-block connection between Main and Regent. This is very hopeful.
     
     
  #1959  
Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 9:41 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Yeah, the plan drawing is the mid-block walkway, then the renderings are Regent Street proper.

I'm liking it.

And yes, please, destroy Eat-A-Burger and while you're at it, "accidentally" take out Carl's Jr. It's close enough, it's plausible...
     
     
  #1960  
Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 10:49 PM
LumberJack LumberJack is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 90
Hello everyone. Sorry about the disappearance on my part. In a nut shell I cannot post too much more concerning the CCH in SLC. But I did have the opportunity to check out a few sites with a small group of people who are part of the Omni hotel project in SLC.

As to the members on here who think I am plaid shirt, I can promise you I am not. This is my first time finally signing up to post on this forum, under my LumberJack name.

Cheers!
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:19 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.