Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz@home
The elder comment was directed on the fact that [Removed] would have normally show some respect to those that are older, due to more life experiences. Its embedded in our culture and its hard not to ignore given he presents himself as some kind of all knowing expert in this forum and in other publications. If he was some other less profile forumer, its probably easier. But I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts if Malcomn Johnston were to start posting here, a lot of people would react similarly.
|
Common forum etiquette is to not point out people's real names or people. This is what aliases and user names exist. I know and have met many here personally, but this does not give me the right to publicly point out others and this is to be expected from all other forum members. I'm not sure I agree: for the most part, even if there are disagreements, discussions generally have constructive criticism.
Just a note for everyone, jlousa, red_paladin, and myself will be aiming to improve the overall quality of the posts discussed here at SSP:Vancouver and we home members comply to achieve an overall better forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz@home
As far as modding is concerned, almosg 14 years in the forum has thought me such reporting functions simply do nit work. My "attack" is tame compared to the once I had endured, reported, but ignored. Hence why I'm only active in a handful of threads...
|
That's a matter of subjective opinion. Regardless, rules and common forum etiquette has been broken and thus, there is no justification. I only follow what is in the handbook all members are subject to forum rules, which can be found in the announcement section of SSP:Vancouver or linked
here. Please pay particular attention to Sections 1, Articles 1, 2, 12, 13, 14, 15.
I cannot comment on past events as none of which have been brought to my attention, but there are many ways to reach moderators here including a PM. In fact, the PM is probably the fastest and most direct way to reach our attention and we will do our best to resolve the situation. In the future, I hope you can use this mode of communication instead. This post will mark the end of our discussion here. Should you wish to continue this, you can send a personal PM to me and fellow moderators.