Quote:
|
Oh, and the 145 never continued to New West when I was in SFU, and the 143 was peak times only...Lougheed isn't that busy anyway, back in the 90s, or even today.
|
For clarification, I got that info from a look up of the Canadian Public Transit Database. In the past some trips extended to Scott Road SkyTrain Station. At an unspecified date, this was modified to New West Station, until service cuts in 2001 ended these extensions.
Well, I'm sorry if in your experience the reroute did not create benefits, but I think you really need to realize that your excessive comments pinning your problems on the SkyTrain system, while valid as potential reasons for them, are not the sole reasons for them if reasons at all, as you seem to suggest.
It isn't as simple as you think. nname makes an excellent point about the need for layover space and more passenger waiting areas, and deasine makes a great point on the efficiency and operational cost of this. This is where SkyTrain becomes quite an advantage, actually. Through its reliable, predictable service (even if it were not as frequent as the Expo Line, it's still extremely reliable and predictable and can be trusted by passengers) the splitting of hubs is feasible, probably never causing more than a 5 minute delay and creating efficiency in costs and in management.
If I'm not mistaken, the shortening of service to Production Way Station when the M-Line opened coincided with a general increase in route frequency. Perhaps that was made possible by the financial savings of the route shortening. In 2002, TransLink was just out of a major cut to transit service and a strike.