HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 2:51 AM
GeeCee's Avatar
GeeCee GeeCee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebby View Post
Question: Will the line be built with possible expansion past Douglas College Station in mind?
Yes, the guideway is double tracked to the end of the line, though there isn't really anywhere to go with substantial density past there. Maybe in the future along David Avenue heading East, but an extension towards Port Coquitlam out of Coquitlam Station is probably more likely. They could make the part of the Evergreen Line that heads North from there a spur line, but with how busy Lincoln Station will be, it could get messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by federal777 View Post
Was the Expo/Millennium guideway/platform designed for future wider cars? Or, would it take extensive construction that's not worth it?

I have a feeling the guideway might not be able to handle larger, heavier trains. I mean, Canada Line guideways are so much bigger to handle the 3 m wide Rotem's.

I don't know why BC Transit decided to go with such narrow trains in '86, but if it turns out wider trains can be used, I will be jubilated by their foresight.
I think the Dunsmuir Tunnel in particular does not accommodate wider vehicles, so everything west of Stadium would need to be expanded, to say nothing of the guideway itself.

Last edited by GeeCee; Oct 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:47 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.