Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyEdge
I think the problem with that is if they're programmed to be open for 10 seconds, and someone presses the button at second #8 then they will only open for a second or two. I think the cold issue might not be as bad as I thought.
|
You could avoid that with the buttons only being active for the first 3 seconds of a 10 second dwell time and then they are disabled, that way the door cycle time is reduced and only the doors that have people at them when the car arrives open.
Something like this:
Train Arrives
Buttons Enabled
Button Pressed =
Option 1
or
Button NOT Pressed =
Option 2
Option 1
Door Opens
Depart Warning
Door Closes
Reset
Option 2
Button Enable Timer = Done
Button Disabled
Depart Warning
Reset
This achieves the objective of giving the trains the ability to leave on time and keeps the doors from opening when not needed.