HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2461  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 1:10 AM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Holt Renfrew redevelopment has been around for years. We'll see.

Caltrane, you got me all wrong. I just don't see Menkes slapping up a couple Ice type residential towers and calling it a day. It just doesn't make financial sense to me.

Great Gulf could of sold out a 250 storey building. Why they didn't therefore build a 250 storey building is beyond me.
The Menkes site under the rezoning will be mixed use. That way you get boxy office, and I get sleek and tall condo tower.

Someone at UT posted an old rendering with Holt's and a 50 storey condo on top of the existing retail. Looked pretty slick.
     
     
  #2462  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 3:52 AM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
Meanwhile back in Calgary, we're happy to see a twin 18 story condo going up! Blah....
     
     
  #2463  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 1:18 PM
yaletown_fella yaletown_fella is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
lots of interesting rumours and news over at UT tonight...one poster, azzo, is confirming that there is truth to the rumour of twin 80 storey towers at Yonge and Bloor. He is saying that plans for these are on the current site of Holt Renfrew on Bloor (?)...this is unofficial of course..

Another UT poster named digitec is providing pretty detailed information that there is a massive land deal happening for 90 Harbour St., which will now apparently include 60 Harbour St.

Never a dull moment!
I hope they are quality office/mixed use towers if this rumor actually comes to fruition.

An overhaul of the Holt Renfrew Center may very well be possible. There's already been an announced expansion for Holt Renfrew Yorkdale a few months back. However, this would be a much more costly venture for obvious reasons.
__________________
Supporter of Bill 23

Last edited by yaletown_fella; Sep 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM.
     
     
  #2464  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 2:37 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
     
     
  #2465  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 3:42 PM
koops65's Avatar
koops65 koops65 is offline
Intergalactic Barfly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Quarks Bar
Posts: 8,812
Current 25 tallest proposals diagram: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=52164986
     
     
  #2466  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 4:14 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
There was an updated height on the Grenville Tower.

169 meters.
     
     
  #2467  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 4:34 PM
koops65's Avatar
koops65 koops65 is offline
Intergalactic Barfly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Quarks Bar
Posts: 8,812
Yeah, 42 Charles as well, and Herald Square too. I've already modified and re-submitted my drawings of them. I cant change Grenville until someone updates the height.
     
     
  #2468  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 4:43 PM
koops65's Avatar
koops65 koops65 is offline
Intergalactic Barfly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Quarks Bar
Posts: 8,812
Which one will be the first to jump to the U/C list? And will any of the rumoured 70, 80, 100 storey towers even make it onto this list?
     
     
  #2469  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 5:07 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
Yeah, 42 Charles as well, and Herald Square too. I've already modified and re-submitted my drawings of them. I cant change Grenville until someone updates the height.
Whippersnapper?
     
     
  #2470  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 5:16 PM
vegeta_skyline vegeta_skyline is offline
Registered User, Maybe
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Windsor
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
Yeah, 42 Charles as well,
I've already modified and re-submitted my drawings of them.
Aren't you on top of things. I just told them about that 4 days ago and they only changed it 2 days ago. You sure work fast.
     
     
  #2471  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 5:32 PM
koops65's Avatar
koops65 koops65 is offline
Intergalactic Barfly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Quarks Bar
Posts: 8,812
I remember reading that, but it wasnt until I looked at the diagram that I realized I never updated my drawings. Chopping off a few metres is no big deal, only takes a minute...
     
     
  #2472  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 10:15 PM
Ramako's Avatar
Ramako Ramako is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,415
Whomever updates the Grenville diagram slipped up. It should be 169.9m, not 169m.

See post: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=5412694&postcount=2418

Last edited by Ramako; Sep 20, 2011 at 10:29 PM.
     
     
  #2473  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 10:16 PM
Ramako's Avatar
Ramako Ramako is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
I remember reading that, but it wasnt until I looked at the diagram that I realized I never updated my drawings. Chopping off a few metres is no big deal, only takes a minute...
You might want to update Trump while you're at it. Ever since we found out that Trump would be a little shorter, the drawing has been a little too tall.
     
     
  #2474  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 10:18 PM
Ramako's Avatar
Ramako Ramako is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
Which one will be the first to jump to the U/C list? And will any of the rumoured 70, 80, 100 storey towers even make it onto this list?
Excavation has begun at West Lake Village, so one or both of those towers should be coming off the list very soon.
     
     
  #2475  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 10:30 PM
Ramako's Avatar
Ramako Ramako is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
Yeah, 42 Charles as well, and Herald Square too.
Also Waterpark Place 3. It was increased to 140m.
     
     
  #2476  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 10:41 PM
koops65's Avatar
koops65 koops65 is offline
Intergalactic Barfly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Quarks Bar
Posts: 8,812
I'm not re-doing trump until it's complete. Kamuix's drawing has been the primary for a long time now...
Is there a new render for Waterpark III?
     
     
  #2477  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2011, 11:25 AM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
The Menkes site under the rezoning will be mixed use. That way you get boxy office, and I get sleek and tall condo tower.

Someone at UT posted an old rendering with Holt's and a 50 storey condo on top of the existing retail. Looked pretty slick.
Very likely but, you also have to consider that the city will deem a project as mixed-use with a couple storefront as well.

I've probably heard more rumours about the Holt's property than any other property. It just makes prefect sense considering the location and the current built form. However, the rumours all required the demolition of the store which meant shutting it down for a minimum of two years. I just don't see that as a viable option.
     
     
  #2478  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2011, 11:48 AM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
How about a temporary Holts store at One Bloor? Won't cost much to move the inventory over there and slap some signs up, brand new and ultra lux accommodations. As big or bigger store as their current location with serious glitz/bling factor.

Now all of a sudden things are getting interesting.......
     
     
  #2479  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2011, 7:53 PM
yaletown_fella yaletown_fella is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,423
I haven't seen many sleek condo towers in my years.
If anything the "boxy" office towers have tended to the sleeker aesthetic imo.
__________________
Supporter of Bill 23

Last edited by yaletown_fella; Sep 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM.
     
     
  #2480  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2011, 10:37 PM
Travis007's Avatar
Travis007 Travis007 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,213
Would be great if the Hudson's Bay store at 2 Bloor East was demolished. That concrete bunker is the ultimate eyesore.
__________________
Flickr
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.