HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2011, 11:48 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
That's okay we honestly don't need support from Fredericton in Halifax for a CFL team, but thanks for the thought....
Thanks for reconfirming what other Maritimers have long known, which is the general contempt that some (not all) Haligonians have for the rest of the region.....

I don't think you guys should even think about naming your wished for team the "Atlantic Schooners" or the "Maritime Marauders", because you don't really mean it. To be blunt, you should just go ahead and call the team the "Halifax Harbour Hoppers", because in fact this is what you intend to have - a Halifax team for Halifax. The rest of the region just doesn't matter as far as you guys are concerned.

A Moncton team on the other hand would tend to rely more heavily on regional support, much like the Saskatchewan Rough Riders. I wonder which is the healthier model?

All I know is that I have lived a considerable amount of time in all three Maritime provinces and I know the entire region quite well. Most Maritimers are generally quite open minded. When I lived in Halifax however, I came across many residents (of the peninsula in particular) who tended to have a limited and somewhat condescending opinion of the remainder of the region. Haligonians should not suppose that they speak for the entire Maritimes.

The choice for the CFL would appear to be a team in Halifax for Halifax OR a team in Moncton for the Maritimes. It will be interesting to see what transpires.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:45 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.