Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzat
I don't think it's all that bad. Jesus christ man it's a holiday inn, what were you expecting?! We don't live in a tourist resort, and I'm sure they aren't ready to drop another 2 million just to make the damn thing look pretty.
In other news, wood is being erected on the JD Black Estates...hah. And apparently deadmau5 is coming to tequila. I don't beleive it but at the same time they've managed to bring MSTRKRFT and Steve Aoki so..who knows.
|
I saw the announcement on facebook and went to get tickets the next day...didn't have them available/price set yet, haha. With Tequila only having 1200 capacity a lot of people will be missing out. They should change the venue...maybe Prairieland.
__________________
Thanks Jerry! Hope you enjoyed your vacation
Ach's newest project is seeding all kinds of ideas in my head. One less surface parking lot on that block gives me sense of what 2nd Ave north of 25th
could become. Improving the streetscape with public art, benches, corner bulbing, bollards, beginning from 25th extending to 33rd Street would tremendously improve the character of that stretch of 2nd Ave. There are still several properties I would like to see redeveloped, like the strip retail next to Earl's. A bit of a teaser, but the 2nd Ave. widening project provides the City with an opportunity to consider strengthening other elements of 2nd Ave. to create a grand entrance into north downtown.