HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 13, 2010, 2:20 AM
Rise_of_the_West's Avatar
Rise_of_the_West Rise_of_the_West is offline
Industrial Might
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusili View Post
S-Bahn? Elevated rail for commuter trains? Am I missing something.
Not really elevated, more of the overall system itself. The S-Bahn is totally different than most commuter trains we have here in N.A. Again, hopefully this weekend I can elaborate on what I mean exactly with a mega post.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Riise View Post
I think he may be talking about a commuter rail system that functions similar to a metro/rapid transit system at least in regards to frequency. More of a RER/S-Bahn/Crossrail than Go-Train/West Coast Express.
Bang on what I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassic Lab View Post
So essentially the C-Train system we already have?
Hahaha, the C-train is a joke compared to whats going on in Europe. Even their LRT/Tram systems are way more advanced. But what I am talking about is a system sort of in between the C-train and a commuter rail like GO or W.C.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusili View Post
Or maybe the zone fare structure. You know that whole A-B, B-C, A-B-C type of thing. I did love the S-Bahn though, so I can see where he is coming from. Those people who are against elevated rail need to see the S-Bahn to see how well it can work, and how well it can be designed. Too bad google street view isn't in Berlin to show the stations.
Im against the whole fare zone thing. One system, one pass (preferably electronic or something better than paper transfers). S-Bahn is absoulty the direction I think we should go. Munich and Stuttgart's are quite something as well (and not elevated) and more in line to what I think Calgary should do.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:54 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.