HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4701  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:52 AM
Daveography's Avatar
Daveography Daveography is offline
Klatuu Barada Nikto
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Island of Misfit Architecture
Posts: 4,483
^ You'll do well here.
     
     
  #4702  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:53 AM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
^^Welcome to the forum! I see you stand by many on here on this forum. The forum is quite friendly and a great way to communicate ideas.
     
     
  #4703  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:00 AM
Jaws Jaws is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,360
^, ^^

Thanks. I may seem bitter, but that's just passion. I abhor stupidity in politics and design.
     
     
  #4704  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:23 AM
oiler-dude's Avatar
oiler-dude oiler-dude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 737
http://www.urbanmasterpiece.com/

Anyone have any updates on if this project is ever going to go ahead? It's located just off 105AV and 109ST, north of the Grant MacEwan parkade.
     
     
  #4705  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:28 AM
Hardhatdan Hardhatdan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
http://www.urbanmasterpiece.com/

Anyone have any updates on if this project is ever going to go ahead? It's located just off 105AV and 109ST, north of the Grant MacEwan parkade.
Project is for sale...possibly the concept or maybe just the land.
     
     
  #4706  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:30 AM
Mikemike Mikemike is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,230
Last I say the site is still for sale. It's pretty safe to say that it won't happen in either form.

Interestingly, I noticed a 'for sale: residential development site' on BCM's the MAXX, which is now a completed parkade with most, if not all, of the pre-fab washrooms on site and work still going on.
     
     
  #4707  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:31 AM
Hardhatdan Hardhatdan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike View Post
Last I say the site is still for sale. It's pretty safe to say that it won't happen in either form.

Interestingly, I noticed a 'for sale: residential development site' on BCM's the MAXX, which is now a completed parkade with most, if not all, of the pre-fab washrooms on site and work still going on.
Hahaha, oh BCM you inept wannabe developers.
     
     
  #4708  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:32 AM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
^ Awesome, thanks for the update photos!
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
     
     
  #4709  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:34 AM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
I really hope Arcus sells that beast.
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
     
     
  #4710  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:03 PM
IKAN104's Avatar
IKAN104 IKAN104 is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
I think we need to be realistic about a company that can barely get a warehouse structure out of the ground building an office tower like that anyways.
I recall people saying similar things about Qualico when they proposed stationlands.
__________________
-There's always a better way-
     
     
  #4711  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:17 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
^ But Qualico can get a warehouse building out of the ground.

I am not trying to be overly pessimistic, but from what I've seen so far, Tri-Corp doesn't have much of a record to run on. I do hope I am wrong though.
__________________
Short term pain for long term gain
     
     
  #4712  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:42 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
__________________
Short term pain for long term gain
     
     
  #4713  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:40 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
I think we need to be realistic about a company that can barely get a warehouse structure out of the ground building an office tower like that anyways.

I did notice that "saunders Manor" on 99st & about 86 ave looks like it's about to go... they've dropped some materials on site. I think they've chosen to ignore the EDC though.

this is the Tricorp i presume? They were shoring on site yesterday.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #4714  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:43 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,134
"-The S2000 is a fine automobile"

that it is:>
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #4715  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 4:00 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
The brick & beer can is fully designed and engineered.... 'shovel ready' if you will.
For the grave, one can only hope. What was it said about novice, undercapitalized developers?
     
     
  #4716  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 4:19 PM
wco's Avatar
wco wco is offline
Business Is Usual
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnklc View Post
that's the cn rail line just west of leon's/east of st. albert trail i believe...
Thanks guys. I forgot about that crossing.
__________________
-----------------------
---No matter where you go, there you are---
     
     
  #4717  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 4:24 PM
Daveography's Avatar
Daveography Daveography is offline
Klatuu Barada Nikto
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Island of Misfit Architecture
Posts: 4,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
Nice to see ATb's 104 St. office building approved. Can't wait to see some renders!

It's hard to believe how far that street has come in the last few years.
     
     
  #4718  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 4:39 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
Quote:
For the grave, one can only hope. What was it said about novice, undercapitalized developers?
Ironwood is not a novice, undercapitalized developer

The building will go at some point, I guarantee it.
__________________
Short term pain for long term gain
     
     
  #4719  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 4:46 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
Anyone know what this might be ?


2009-E0571 RIVER HEIGHTS APARTMENT ADDITION
Subscribe

City:
EDMONTON
Start Date:
22/04/2009
Gen Close Date:
14/05/2009
__________________
Short term pain for long term gain
     
     
  #4720  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 5:00 PM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
10133 - 104 Street NW .. isn't that pretty much right on top of the ICON?

Sorry I haven't been paying attention; and there is no info on http://www.archatb.com/commercial/
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:33 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.