HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4681  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 9:41 PM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
^I think 103 Ave and 101 St.
     
     
  #4682  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 9:45 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
^^Word on the street was that it was supposed to go on the vacant lot north of Oxford tower but that's all rumour and speculation.

It's definitely not to replace Ironwood. The brick & beer can is fully designed and engineered.... 'shovel ready' if you will.
__________________
Short term pain for long term gain
     
     
  #4683  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 9:47 PM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
Does anybody believe it will start in Fall 2009 as the site says?
     
     
  #4684  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 9:59 PM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
^ Personally, I'm doubtful
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
     
     
  #4685  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 10:15 PM
Airboy Airboy is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton/St Albert
Posts: 9,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco View Post
Hmm...137th avenue & where?

This is the Railway Bridge at 142 south of Leons.

The detour is open. This project is to rid 137th of a bottleneck.
     
     
  #4686  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 10:21 PM
kcantor kcantor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco View Post
Hmm...137th avenue & where?
that's the cn rail line just west of leon's/east of st. albert trail i believe...
     
     
  #4687  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 10:36 PM
0773|=\ 0773|=\ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,256
Glad they're doing it. The North Edmonton Cineplex creates so much car traffic as it is, and it's just exacerbated by a train crossing 137th...
     
     
  #4688  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 10:53 PM
Daveography's Avatar
Daveography Daveography is offline
Klatuu Barada Nikto
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Island of Misfit Architecture
Posts: 4,483
^ I think the fact that it's one of the few major E-W corridors north of the Yellowhead contributes more to the traffic volume, but cars turning left into the power centre there does tend to extend past the turning lane to create a snarl.
     
     
  #4689  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 10:57 PM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
I was by there on a Saturday a couple months ago. I saw people parking at the other end of the shopping centre to go to the movie and the lines I could see were astronomical, almost filling all their sidewalk. Granted I've seen it as bad at South Edmonton Common.
     
     
  #4690  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 11:31 PM
bulliver's Avatar
bulliver bulliver is offline
So very tired...
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Penticton
Posts: 3,729
From today. See Flickr page for larger size.

Icon II



Quest Tower:


AGA:

__________________
Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...
     
     
  #4691  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 1:41 AM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
Thanks for the photo update. Should put in the city construction thread over on Canada. The AGA is sure looking beautiful. Haven't been to 104st in a while so I appreciate the update, thanx.
     
     
  #4692  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 1:50 AM
bulliver's Avatar
bulliver bulliver is offline
So very tired...
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Penticton
Posts: 3,729
^ Sorry, thought this was the place for it?
__________________
Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...
     
     
  #4693  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 1:52 AM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,564
theres many places for it on this forum. I think what our friend EE means is that you should also place it there.
     
     
  #4694  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 1:55 AM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
yeah it's great to post here because we like seeing it, you did post it in the right spot but just to show the rest of canada there's also another thread in the canada forum. you don't have to, it was just a suggestion.
     
     
  #4695  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:03 AM
bulliver's Avatar
bulliver bulliver is offline
So very tired...
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Penticton
Posts: 3,729
Gotcha. I'll just put up the AGA shots there. I'm sure everyone knows what a condo under construction looks like...
__________________
Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...
     
     
  #4696  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:14 AM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
Thanks for the update bulliver!

I believe there is an Edmonton Projects & Construction thread in the international section of Skyscraperpage, you can also post the photos there if you wish to do so.


Everyone else, let's not give edmontonenthusiast a hard time, in spite of being a little inexperienced, he/she does contribute alot to this thread.
     
     
  #4697  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:19 AM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
^Do you mean City Complications? No offense, but it is outdated.
     
     
  #4698  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:26 AM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonenthusiast View Post
^Do you mean City Complications? No offense, but it is outdated.
You mean City Compilations, not City Complications, right?

The thread in City Compilations does need an update.
     
     
  #4699  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:27 AM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
^Yeah, typo. Compilations.
     
     
  #4700  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:50 AM
Jaws Jaws is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,360
Hello

Hello...long time lurker here. Just wanted to say hi and comment on the high quality of the discussion and photos on this site.

I figured this was as good a thread as any for an introduction, and here's where I stand on some current issues--

-Kill the Muni (I refuse to call it City Centre Airport). A healthy city needs a strong core, and I include this area as part of the core. I am sick of northern mayors, MLA's, Calgary business elite...etc, etc messing in our civic affairs. I'm also sick of the Kingsway Business Association.
-Avoid YYC like the plague. Nothing good comes from flying through that airport. YYZ if you need better connections to Europe, but fly YEG first.
-Need a new north/south connection to downtown. The math doesn't make sense: Two traffic lanes down Walterdale Hill (+1 bus lane) joins with two lanes down QE Park Road.
-New arena is needed downtown. I've been fortunate to see hockey in such locales as ACC, Verizon (Washington DC), MSG, and the Meadowlands. Northlands=Meadowlands. We can do better than New Jersey. A pre-game meal at the Fireside doesn't cut it.
-Tony Caterina pisses me off. Mike Nickel pissed a lot of us off too, and we dealt with him. Unfortunately, I won't have the ability to vote against Mr.Caterina.
-Mayor Mandel is doing a fine job.
-The S2000 is a fine automobile
-Excited about the AGA
-How are Mazankowski and RAM coming along? What is with our provincial government?
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:23 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.