The Annual Report for 2006 is up and can be found at
http://www.edmontonairports.com/data/1/rec_docs/323_EdmontonAirports2006AnnualReport.pdf
Some interesting points:
1. passenger growth was >15% compared to 2005
2. 14 new non stop routes introduced in 2006
3. non stop scheduled service to 10 U.S. cities now
4. Westjet increased capacity in YEG by 17%, AC by 30%.
5. YEG surpassed YVR in available weekly seats to 'northern communities' in 2006. YEG can truly be called 'Gateway to the North' again.
6. Connecting traffic increased by 42% (no numbers given though). This is key IMHO as local O & D traffic can only grow by so much. You need connecting traffic at some point to keep things rolling.
Also I have heard anecdotally that YEG surpassed YVR as Westjet's 3rd largest city. We all know YYC is #1 but I'm guessing YYZ is #2. I did not realize they had a larger presence in YYZ than YEG but it's still nice to be ahead of YVR.