HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1961  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 11:10 PM
ReginaGuy's Avatar
ReginaGuy ReginaGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
If you can find something, he initiated and funded then please post it because I can not.

Crime: Murder up, Kidnapping up, Robberies up Downtrend national trend , everywhere.

Water bills: The high cost is due to a stupid policy of transferring 7.5% to general revenue, not the water nobody drinks.

Infrastructure: At one of the lowest % of expenditures, ever.

I mean even " I love Regina" was initiated by Archer and put on hold until after the election, Fiacco won and claimed it has his own.

Please show me something concrete and real that the Mayor has done,please.
Murder increases by what? 2 people? That's hardly an increase, more of random variance.

Find me a bad project that was initiated and funded by Fiacco.

Also, instead of throwing out accusations, show me the exact quote where Fiacco claims that "I love Regina" was his idea
     
     
  #1962  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 11:13 PM
ReginaGuy's Avatar
ReginaGuy ReginaGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfghjkl View Post
remember when someone made a template of empty downtown railyards, then everyone got to flex their creative muscle and come up with ideas for the vacant space?... that was fun... too bad
If you look back a few pages, you'll see that we came up with a few concepts. I'm working on a new one in sketchup that is centered around a new stadium for the riders. I'll finish it up real quick and upload it for you
     
     
  #1963  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 11:28 PM
Chaps Chaps is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 825
Pretty sad to see this thread go downhill.

I got excited when I saw about 4-5 new pages of stuff...only to see 4-5 pages of people replying to Quimby's nonsense.

I don't understand why people bother trying to knock sense into him? He's clearly here for one thing, and is clearly incapable of taking a leak by himself, let alone creating a thoughtful discussion.

Everyone just put him on their ignore list, and let's get back to talking about what made this forum fun before. If I found this site for the first time today, there's no way in hell I would sign up.
     
     
  #1964  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 11:29 PM
Chaps Chaps is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
If you look back a few pages, you'll see that we came up with a few concepts. I'm working on a new one in sketchup that is centered around a new stadium for the riders. I'll finish it up real quick and upload it for you
Sounds awesome!
     
     
  #1965  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 11:42 PM
ReginaGuy's Avatar
ReginaGuy ReginaGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Pretty sad to see this thread go downhill.

I got excited when I saw about 4-5 new pages of stuff...only to see 4-5 pages of people replying to Quimby's nonsense.

I don't understand why people bother trying to knock sense into him? He's clearly here for one thing, and is clearly incapable of taking a leak by himself, let alone creating a thoughtful discussion.

Everyone just put him on their ignore list, and let's get back to talking about what made this forum fun before. If I found this site for the first time today, there's no way in hell I would sign up.
I agree, and I'm sorry to everyone for getting involved in that silly debate. This is a construction forum, I'm done talking about politics
     
     
  #1966  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 11:55 PM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Pretty sad to see this thread go downhill.

I got excited when I saw about 4-5 new pages of stuff...only to see 4-5 pages of people replying to Quimby's nonsense.

I don't understand why people bother trying to knock sense into him? He's clearly here for one thing, and is clearly incapable of taking a leak by himself, let alone creating a thoughtful discussion.

Everyone just put him on their ignore list, and let's get back to talking about what made this forum fun before. If I found this site for the first time today, there's no way in hell I would sign up.
This post goes to the heart of the issue, the unwillingness of many posters to accept that politics and construction are very heavily intertwined and I would guess the general public for that matter.
     
     
  #1967  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 11:56 PM
Migs Migs is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
I agree, and I'm sorry to everyone for getting involved in that silly debate. This is a construction forum, I'm done talking about politics
Amen......Quimby back to the ignore list for you.
     
     
  #1968  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 12:11 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
Murder increases by what? 2 people? That's hardly an increase, more of random variance.

Find me a bad project that was initiated and funded by Fiacco.

Also, instead of throwing out accusations, show me the exact quote where Fiacco claims that "I love Regina" was his idea
More murders are more murders or are those two lives meaningless ?

See the problem is that Fiacco hasn't really done anything concrete, good or bad. I would say the SW development is up there, the skate park, lying during an election are all bad to a degree.
     
     
  #1969  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 12:12 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Amen......Quimby back to the ignore list for you.
Really, I don't care much. You lack skill, imagination and civilized temperament.
     
     
  #1970  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 12:33 AM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is offline
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
Really, I don't care much. You lack skill, imagination and civilized temperament.
I'm asking politely...if anyone wishes to speak politics could they possibly due so in the other thread created? If people wish to debate, then there is a set thread to do so. It's obvious that people will just have to agree to disagree.
     
     
  #1971  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 1:08 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
I'm asking politely...if anyone wishes to speak politics could they possibly due so in the other thread created? If people wish to debate, then there is a set thread to do so. It's obvious that people will just have to agree to disagree.
why the segregation..... this is not calgary construction were theres a new project every day just about........

4000 posts now.......
     
     
  #1972  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 1:13 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
I'm asking politely...if anyone wishes to speak politics could they possibly due so in the other thread created? If people wish to debate, then there is a set thread to do so. It's obvious that people will just have to agree to disagree.
yeah, why the censorship ?
     
     
  #1973  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 1:48 AM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is offline
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,533
Because it's clear that people don't want to talk politics in this thread.
     
     
  #1974  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 2:44 AM
ReginaGuy's Avatar
ReginaGuy ReginaGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
yeah, why the censorship ?
I think its a polite way of saying that most of us don't really care about political matters

Anyways, here's what I have for my stadium concept so far. My idea would be to have this built at the Dewdney rail yards (if they were ever moved of course). I'll work on the rest of the rail yards surrounding the stadium later

Capacity
Regular Seats: 29,600
End zone Bowl: 3,000
End zone Building: 1,000
--------
total: 33,600

expandable to: 55,000 - 60,000 ( By continuing bowl seating above Dewdney Ave entrance)
Private Boxes: up to 32 rooms

The large concrete surface above the Dewdney Avenue entrance is accessible by all the regular seating and can act as an open-air location for concessions, or, as mentioned before, additional seating.

I left it as an open air stadium to keep costs realistic, and those type of stadiums have better atmosphere in my opinion. Although it would be possible to design the stadium to allow for a roof addition in the future





From Dewdney Avenue




Edit: Oh yes, and there is a "roof" above the sideline seating, similar to the current Mosaic Stadium, but I hid them because they were in the way.

Last edited by ReginaGuy; Apr 24, 2007 at 3:00 AM.
     
     
  #1975  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 2:52 AM
Chaps Chaps is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 825
Nice work!!!

What's the seating capacity?
     
     
  #1976  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 2:57 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Cost?
     
     
  #1977  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 3:00 AM
yorktonite yorktonite is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 189
Solid work ReginaGuy, you have a creative mind. Now if that stadium could only be built.
     
     
  #1978  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 3:39 AM
Migs Migs is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,774
That is friggin awesome Reginaguy. I am anxious to see what you have in mind for surrounding the stadium. I wonder what the chances are of the Hill family gettting on board for such a project similar to the Asper's in Winnipeg. I know this is all just likely a pipe dream but it is fun to speculate.
     
     
  #1979  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 3:45 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
building the parking underneeth it!!! and put bus stops at the entrinces
     
     
  #1980  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 3:47 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
Cost?
120mil?
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:19 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.