HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1921  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 3:41 AM
ceedub1170's Avatar
ceedub1170 ceedub1170 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
I'll pay for his bus ticket He's so lost that if he drove, he'd probably wind up in Minot
I'll pitch in too
     
     
  #1922  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 3:49 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
^^^^ lol

gee quimby they shure don't like ya very much do they...

     
     
  #1923  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 3:53 AM
ReginaGuy's Avatar
ReginaGuy ReginaGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by newflyer View Post
The lead tenant ussually gets the naming rights to a building. MTS/Allstream gradually out grew its space and took over more surrounding buildings. They even had there logo on a Calgary highrise for a while.


Sorry this is a Regina thread... hey how about those Riders.
As far as I know, the Bank of Montreal actually is the lead tenant in that building. I believe its the regional HQ for the province. My friend works there, and my mom used to, and I remember BMO occupying at least 3 of the 14 floors

Also there are a lot of government offices, but they're not all government. I know there's some kind of law firm in that building for sure.

I do agree that its silly that some of the government buildings sell the naming rights to smaller tenants, but what do you expect, it's the capital city in a NDP ruled province, and it wouldnt make sense for all those skyscrapers to say "saskatchewan" on the top

And as far as I know, the Delta barely has any offices in it. The building is mostly hotel-use isn't it?. The only government office in the building that I know of is northern affairs. But I could be wrong

Last edited by ReginaGuy; Apr 23, 2007 at 4:17 AM.
     
     
  #1924  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 3:56 AM
spiritedenergy's Avatar
spiritedenergy spiritedenergy is offline
A long time gone
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Great Spirit Land
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
I do agree that its silly that some of the government buildings sell the naming rights to smaller tenants, but what do you expect, it's the capital city in a NDP ruled province, and it wouldnt make sense for all those skyscrapers to say "saskatchewan" on the top
why not? It would make people proud.
__________________
"Perdedar-i mikuned der kasr-i kayser ankebut
bu növbet mizenet der bertarimi Afrasyab."

-------------
"The spider spins his web in the Palace of the Caesars,
An owl hoots in the towers of Afrasiyab."
     
     
  #1925  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:04 AM
ReginaGuy's Avatar
ReginaGuy ReginaGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
^^^^ lol

gee quimby they shure don't like ya very much do they...

I wouldn't say we hate him, well I don't. I would never truely "hate" someone over something as trivial as an internet forum. We just get frustrated with him because a lot of his posts are mostly the same political rant over and over again.

And I thought you said you'd stop posting about Winnipeg Don't make me go to the Winnipeg thread and randomly post pictures of Regina
     
     
  #1926  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:04 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
I see it allows one to vote more than once......I'd bet my bottom dollar that you stayed up late last night pushing the submit button over and over again. (also perhaps you should read the fineprint right underneath the poll). That said, he received 80%+ of the vote in the election last year........perhaps if the angusreid online survey is correct that these people whom apparently don't like Fiacco should go vote....until then the 86% that Mayor Pat received last year is a huge endorsement of the work he's done thus far.

Dammit now I'm talking politics with wingnut
So what is this work,again ?

You have never said and that poll has been up for months, so I don't think I would have much impact voting more then once.

Yes, Fiacco got 85% of 35% who voted, almost 1/3 of Regina likes him.But Why? A cult of personality ?

And yes, more people should vote but that doesn't not make Fiacco, and council, policy choices right, does it ?
     
     
  #1927  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:07 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
I wouldn't say we hate him, well I don't. I would never truely "hate" someone over something as trivial as an internet forum. We just get frustrated with him because a lot of his posts are mostly the same political rant over and over again.

And I thought you said you'd stop posting about Winnipeg Don't make me go to the Winnipeg thread and randomly post pictures of Regina
I think your signature says it all about the current situation in Regina.
Thanks for the offer of bus fare but I can afford to fly so keep your allowance.

My post tend to be the same political rant due the large connection between subjects in this thread and city council, go figure council having something to do with new construction. Who'd a thunk ?
     
     
  #1928  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:15 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
I wouldn't say we hate him, well I don't. I would never truely "hate" someone over something as trivial as an internet forum. We just get frustrated with him because a lot of his posts are mostly the same political rant over and over again.

And I thought you said you'd stop posting about Winnipeg Don't make me go to the Winnipeg thread and randomly post pictures of Regina
if i had my own regian pics i would post them here instead but i don't you plp on this forum are the only plp i know in reginia......
     
     
  #1929  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:17 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
I think your signature says it all about the current situation in Regina.
Thanks for the offer of bus fare but I can afford to fly so keep your allowance.

My post tend to be the same political rant due the large connection between subjects in this thread and city council, go figure council having something to do with new construction. Who'd a thunk ?
well then buy the next plane ticket to JAR lol you will se construction the second ya get here lol
     
     
  #1930  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:18 AM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
I am a typical
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 39,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
And I thought you said you'd stop posting about Winnipeg Don't make me go to the Winnipeg thread and randomly post pictures of Regina
Like the Winnipeg thread never goes off topic. Hell, you'd probably get more negative reactions if you went to the Winnipeg thread and randomly posted pictures of Winnipeg.
     
     
  #1931  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:24 AM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is offline
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,533
The BMO building also has one of the major accounting firms in it.

RBC has it's own building and occupies several floors I believe. The same can be said for TD. Obviously Connexus occupies huge amounts of space. I'm not so sure about Scotia bank though. They obviously don't own the building.
     
     
  #1932  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:26 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Like the Winnipeg thread never goes off topic. Hell, you'd probably get more negative reactions if you went to the Winnipeg thread and randomly posted pictures of Winnipeg.
lol i miss my photo rounds
     
     
  #1933  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:39 AM
Boreal's Avatar
Boreal Boreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,704
Why did Club New Yorkx in Regina close down? I'm assuming bankrupcy, but all I heard was that is was a phenomenal club, and always packed ...so that is why I ask. Anyways ...if one of you could tell me, or point me in the direction of the details, I'd be grateful.
     
     
  #1934  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:47 AM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is offline
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1987 View Post
Why did Club New Yorkx in Regina close down? I'm assuming bankrupcy, but all I heard was that is was a phenomenal club, and always packed ...so that is why I ask. Anyways ...if one of you could tell me, or point me in the direction of the details, I'd be grateful.
I'm not sure. The facade was pretty odd. It was filled pretty quickly with a new club called Soho's.
     
     
  #1935  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:54 AM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1987 View Post
Why did Club New Yorkx in Regina close down? I'm assuming bankrupcy, but all I heard was that is was a phenomenal club, and always packed ...so that is why I ask. Anyways ...if one of you could tell me, or point me in the direction of the details, I'd be grateful.
It's still open under a new name (Soho) and, I believe, new owners. It closed for a bit while they did some renos but it's been open for awhile now (I forget when they re-opened, exactly, was over a year ago though because we were there for my friends birthday last April!).
     
     
  #1936  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:56 AM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 970
Aon Reed Stenhouse (insurance and consulting...I believe the consulting is risk management?) is also located in the BMO building. My aunt worked there for a bit.
     
     
  #1937  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:58 AM
Migs Migs is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
So what is this work,again ?
What????
Quote:
You have never said and that poll has been up for months, so I don't think I would have much impact voting more then once.
It would take about 5 minutes to vote 100 times....and with your distain for Fiacco it wouldn't surprise me at all if you spend your evenings pushing 'submit'......backspace.......'submit'.......backspace.......'submit'.....just to try and provide a link to discredit Fiacco.
Quote:
Yes, Fiacco got 85% of 35% who voted, almost 1/3 of Regina likes him.But Why? A cult of personality ?

And yes, more people should vote but that doesn't not make Fiacco, and council, policy choices right, does it ?
So your suggesting that the majority of the 2/3rd's that didn't vote don't like Fiacco??? Wow talk about baseless assumptions. I happen to know of at least 10 people of the top of my head who really like Fiacco who didn't even bother to vote because they knew it would be a landslide anyways. Honestly Quimby the way your are reaching for things to 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 about is way beyond embarrassing.
     
     
  #1938  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:58 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1987 View Post
Why did Club New Yorkx in Regina close down? I'm assuming bankrupcy, but all I heard was that is was a phenomenal club, and always packed ...so that is why I ask. Anyways ...if one of you could tell me, or point me in the direction of the details, I'd be grateful.
Regina has an interesting night club scene, most only last 5 years then change name,style or owners. This is because every night club has a night, JDs is Thursday's, etc. The rest of the week is usually slow to medium. This means that if a new bar opens up and can draw your night away, you have to change direction.
     
     
  #1939  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 5:02 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
What????

It would take about 5 minutes to vote 100 times....and with your distain for Fiacco it wouldn't surprise me at all if you spend your evenings pushing 'submit'......backspace.......'submit'.......backspace.......'submit'.....just to try and provide a link to discredit Fiacco.

So your suggesting that the majority of the 2/3rd's that didn't vote don't like Fiacco??? Wow talk about baseless assumptions. I happen to know of at least 10 people of the top of my head who really like Fiacco who didn't even bother to vote because they knew it would be a landslide anyways. Honestly Quimby the way your are reaching for things to 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 about is way beyond embarrassing.
More insults and no evidence. You truly lack any skill or knowledge.

Is it ignorance or apathy ?

You don't know and you don't care

What work has Fiacco and co. been able to complete that has benefited Regina ?

Why do you support the Mayor so vehemently?

Why do you resort to insults and not reasoned debate ?

Try answering those.
     
     
  #1940  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 5:06 AM
IntotheWest's Avatar
IntotheWest IntotheWest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Okotoks (Calgary)
Posts: 2,916
Despite the bickering on here, Quimby does ask a fair question about the campaign or event in Calgary to "lure" Albertans to Regina - how successful is it? I'm not even sure how they would measure this actually...

But, personally, I think a well-run campaign (i.e. not the full-page ads in the Calgary Herald for "Spirited Energy" ;-) is great for putting a place top-of-mind - both to former Sask folks that moved to Calgary, and may want to check out what is happening back at "home"...and also, to attract Calgarians that may be ready to cash in on a $500k house, take in a "slower" pace of life in a nice, small attractive city, and live mortgage free (which, despite being debatable in itself, may add to "quality of life" by freeing up financial stress, and allowing for other luxuries).

For all the great pictures that have recently been posted of Regina on this forum, its amazing how many forumers respond with "wow, Regina looks very nice"...obviously, not knowing much about it.

If the campaign is focused, I think it can work...Sask Tourism recently sent out a nice glossy Sask broshure a couple weeks ago in the Calgary Herald, and there are definitely several places that are on my list to check out in Sask this summer as a result.

But, any campaign should have measurable results - and for that, Quimby, I think you should try and dig for answers...the city should actually publish that information...
__________________
Download Google Earth 4 "Calgary Downtown" Collection of buildings here - http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:15 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.