HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1901  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 12:25 AM
newflyer's Avatar
newflyer newflyer is offline
Capitalist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
that million dallors could build a outdoor summer pool for the kids to use?
Yup .. and imagine what 6 million .. err I mean 8 million could do?
     
     
  #1902  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 12:32 AM
Migs Migs is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
I'm glad you are so opinionated and your respect of others opinions but your diatribe had no sound rebuttal. I have stated many times that I am not against promotional campaigns but to have so many is a waste of money, especially when the results have been so poor.

You can use ad hominem attacks and call names but the fact is that the millions poured into the multitude of booster campaigns could and should be put to better use.

That is 1 mill rate or over 5% of your's and my property taxes. That is more funding for NC, rec programs, police, fire department,roads, sewers,etc. If all these areas were funded properly, we wouldn't need an advertising campaign to tell us how good it is. We would know.

At what point does it become propaganda ?
At what point do you realize that your a — idiot??? Page after page after page all you do is whine, moan, —, and complain about pretty much everything that is going on in our city. I love this town and I am sick and tired of reading your horseshit posts on here day after day. Hell you'd swear that Faicco banged your wife or something. For the last time, this is a thread about Regina construction.........go and join a — political forum and spread your PROPOGANDA and agenda to people who actually give a — about your worthless opinions. Your like that little turd that just won't flush.

Sorry to everyone else in this thread but I am so sick and tired of this clown ruining it for everyone else.

Last edited by Migs; Apr 24, 2007 at 3:54 PM.
     
     
  #1903  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 12:37 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Damned if Fiacco does and damned if he doesn't. There are always going to be those who think that tax dollars should be spent elsewhere but in this case I disagree. Why not promote our city and show others how proud we are of it??? This city is on the verge of a HUGE boom and why not expose that to others and let them know what is happening in our city. Just check other threads (other than this one) and you'll see that not many people in Canada know much about Regina. I posted some pics of our downtown and Wascana park in another thread and some were shocked at how beautiful our city really is. Its the closet minded thinking that has kept this city down for too long and its finally great to see those in charge these days show us off to the world. That in my opinion is money well spent and kudos to our mayor and city council for making this a high priority.
Once again there is nothing wrong with spending some tax $ on booster campaigns, it is just that there are too many and the results have been less then stellar. That said, there are so many better uses for the millions that have been spent and had they been directed properly, Maclean's would have had to choose another city to put the spotlight one. People will be proud and spread the word, if a city has the factors that they desire in a home. Booster campaigns and low property taxes barely crack the list. The fact is that providing a city with the right amenities is what Regina needs, not booster campaigns, not inflated budgets in mayor and mangers office. I don't know , what kind of thinking kept this city down but i know high crime rates, high poverty rates and cold winters have alot to do with it.

You say Fiacco is damned if he does, What has he done ? Aside from feel good campaigns ?

You think $250k on Branding Regina is better spent then a housing project in NC, or 10 more km of road repairs, or more buses, or a smaller tax increase ?

You pick.

But I and a few posters here, think not.

Your Mayor has some work ahead of him, if he isn't near that 250k population promise, someone will call him on it.

Also, is that the huge boom the Conference Board of Canada is predicting ? Didn't they say something about an oversupplied residential real estate market ?

Last edited by Mayor Quimby; Apr 23, 2007 at 12:44 AM.
     
     
  #1904  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 12:43 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
At what point do you realize that your a — idiot??? Page after page after page all you do is whine, moan, —, and complain about pretty much everything that is going on in our city. I love this town and I am sick and tired of reading your horseshit posts on here day after day. Hell you'd swear that Faicco banged your wife or something. For the last time, this is a thread about Regina construction.........go and join a — political forum and spread your PROPOGANDA and agenda to people who actually give a — about your worthless opinions. Your like that little turd that just won't flush.

Sorry to everyone else in this thread but I am so sick and tired of this wothless — ruining it for everyone else.
I would say that you don't love Regina as much as myself. I love the city, warts and all but I love it enough to no where the maladies exist and want to work toward curing or containing them for the health of the one, I love.

If I didn't truly love Regina, I would claim everything is fine and you get that in every city and call those that want to deal with the health problems, negative. What do I care, I am not in it for love.

This string of posts was in response to a post about Think Regina and on topic and what is wrong with alternate view points on the planned or current constructions ? Are only those that support construction allowed to post ?
     
     
  #1905  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 1:14 AM
Migs Migs is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
I would say that you don't love Regina as much as myself. I love the city, warts and all but I love it enough to no where the maladies exist and want to work toward curing or containing them for the health of the one, I love.

If I didn't truly love Regina, I would claim everything is fine and you get that in every city and call those that want to deal with the health problems, negative. What do I care, I am not in it for love.

This string of posts was in response to a post about Think Regina and on topic and what is wrong with alternate view points on the planned or current constructions ? Are only those that support construction allowed to post ?
Yawn!!! Do I really have to point out the obvious to you??? I got no problems whatsover with differing opinions (yes even negative one's) but with you its nothing but the bad over and over again. I honestly cannot think of one positive thing you have ever contributed to this thread other than your daily sermon on how Fiacco is ruining your world. Everything is not as bad as you seem to portray it my silly little friend. The way I was raised, I was taught to concentrate on the positives and work on expanding them instead of dwelling on those people and issues in society whom are too lazy to take care of themselves and rely on nothing but handouts. Regina is a Fantastic place to live with great social services, parks, job opportuinities, rec, etc and a fantastic place to raise a family. Its people such as yourself that give us a bad name with your constant negative and cynical opinions of our city. And I find it laughable that someone such as yourself would say that you love Regina even moreso than I do. Your a joke Quimby and everyone knows it.
     
     
  #1906  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 1:23 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Yawn!!! Do I really have to point out the obvious to you??? I got no problems whatsover with differing opinions (yes even negative one's) but with you its nothing but the bad over and over again. I honestly cannot think of one positive thing you have ever contributed to this thread other than your daily sermon on how Fiacco is ruining your world. Everything is not as bad as you seem to portray it my silly little friend. The way I was raised, I was taught to concentrate on the positives and work on expanding them instead of dwelling on those people and issues in society whom are too lazy to take care of themselves and rely on nothing but handouts. Regina is a Fantastic place to live with great social services, parks, job opportuinities, rec, etc and a fantastic place to raise a family. Its people such as yourself that give us a bad name with your constant negative and cynical opinions of our city. And I find it laughable that someone such as yourself would say that you love Regina even moreso than I do. Your a joke Quimby and everyone knows it.
No, actually it is that attitude and the lack of tolerance, that you have exhibited, and is part of that outlook. There are 3 T's that every MODERN SUCCESSFUL CITY has technology, talented people and tolerance. Regina has the talent, as can be seen from outmigration stats and workforce, but it lacks the other two and no booster campaign is going to solve that and until those are dealt with Regina will languish and fresh coat of paint can only last so long.

Migs, you have no tolerance for anyone that rebuts your posts or says anything you deem negative. You immediately jump to insults,name calling and personal opinions. This shows that you lack the concrete evidence to counter or lack the skills to engage in a real debate.It is truly saddening to see you act in this manner but very familiar.
     
     
  #1907  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 1:55 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
No, actually it is that attitude and the lack of tolerance, that you have exhibited, and is part of that outlook. There are 3 T's that every MODERN SUCCESSFUL CITY has technology, talented people and tolerance. Regina has the talent, as can be seen from outmigration stats and workforce, but it lacks the other two and no booster campaign is going to solve that and until those are dealt with Regina will languish and fresh coat of paint can only last so long.

Migs, you have no tolerance for anyone that rebuts your posts or says anything you deem negative. You immediately jump to insults,name calling and personal opinions. This shows that you lack the concrete evidence to counter or lack the skills to engage in a real debate.It is truly saddening to see you act in this manner but very familiar.
hey Quimby move to winnipeg
     
     
  #1908  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:13 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
hey Quimby move to winnipeg
Thanks for the invite, I have lots of family their and visit annually. If the opportunity presents itself I would. Winnipeg has lots to offer in culture, history and other amenities.

Do the Golden Eyes look good for this season ?
     
     
  #1909  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:16 AM
Migs Migs is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
No, actually it is that attitude and the lack of tolerance, that you have exhibited, and is part of that outlook. There are 3 T's that every MODERN SUCCESSFUL CITY has technology, talented people and tolerance. Regina has the talent, as can be seen from outmigration stats and workforce, but it lacks the other two and no booster campaign is going to solve that and until those are dealt with Regina will languish and fresh coat of paint can only last so long.

Migs, you have no tolerance for anyone that rebuts your posts or says anything you deem negative. You immediately jump to insults,name calling and personal opinions. This shows that you lack the concrete evidence to counter or lack the skills to engage in a real debate.It is truly saddening to see you act in this manner but very familiar.
Negative opinions are welcomed but with you its so repetitive and predictable that its painful to read. You have brought NOTHING positive to this thread and all you do is whine and complain as if you know whats best for this city. Personally I am more than happy with the direction this city is finally taking and I'm just sorry that my great city includes people such as yourself. Like they say, there's usually at least one in every crowd and if you dont' like it, move to Winnipeg.

Last edited by Migs; Apr 24, 2007 at 3:56 PM.
     
     
  #1910  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:17 AM
Migs Migs is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
hey Quimby move to winnipeg
I'll pay for his bus ticket He's so lost that if he drove, he'd probably wind up in Minot
     
     
  #1911  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:19 AM
Boreal's Avatar
Boreal Boreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,704
The pitching staff is strong. Bobby Madritsch is back after his sting with the Mariners. We don't have the kind of hurlers Fargo does, and they still remain the top team in the league, but the Winnipeg bats and ability to control the bases with their legs should keep them in the upper echelon of the league. Another playoff run, culminating in a bow out to Fargo is probably on the table again.
     
     
  #1912  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:23 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Hey if it looks like — and smells like — its usually —. Hence my opinion about you. Negative opinions are welcomed but with you its so repetitive and predictable that its painful to read. You have brought NOTHING positive to this thread and all you do is whine and complain as if you know whats best for this city. Personally I am more than happy with the direction this city is finally taking and I'm just sorry that my great city includes people such as yourself. Like they say, there's usually at least one in every crowd.
You still haven't given any concrete evidence of what you like about the direction.

You haven't even rebutted any points but to call names.

I have,many times, offered positive solutions, where I bets thought the concentration should be in, you attack the person.(Bad Form)

Do you not believe the 3 T's are important ?
Is a false sense of security and pride better then the real thing ?
Is the real thing to expensive or hard to accomplish so why bother ?

Blind faith in anything is delusional, you must have reasonable and logical reasons for your beliefs,right ?

It might be better to share them and hold off on the emotional and profane diatribes.

Last edited by Mayor Quimby; Apr 23, 2007 at 2:32 AM.
     
     
  #1913  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:32 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1987 View Post
The pitching staff is strong. Bobby Madritsch is back after his sting with the Mariners. We don't have the kind of hurlers Fargo does, and they still remain the top team in the league, but the Winnipeg bats and ability to control the bases with their legs should keep them in the upper echelon of the league. Another playoff run, culminating in a bow out to Fargo is probably on the table again.
That is great to hear, I love taking in games in the baseball park, right downtown. The stadium is cozy, authentic and is close to a good night out after. Go Goldeyes !
     
     
  #1914  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:40 AM
Boreal's Avatar
Boreal Boreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,704
Can West Global Park has been an oustanding addition to Winnipeg. Even the expansion of it two years or so ago was a wild success. I still hold true that at least 50% of the people who go to the games could care less about the onfield product and go more because it is a cheap night out, in an amazing location where the concessions are borderline excellent at a reasonable price.

May I suggest now, in a return trip to Winnipeg that the walk taken south from the ballpark to The Forks, although worthwhile, may be worth being redirected north to stroll up a quickly growing waterfront and East Exchange ...with some decent eats on McDermot and Bannatyne (Johnny G's, Taste of Sri Lanka ...all within walking distance).

But I don't want to derail the Regina thread, so I apologize and will get back to my own territory.

As always, you're more than welcome in Winnipeg, Quimby.
     
     
  #1915  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:43 AM
Mayor Quimby Mayor Quimby is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1987 View Post
Can West Global Park has been an oustanding addition to Winnipeg. Even the expansion of it two years or so ago was a wild success. I still hold true that at least 50% of the people who go to the games could care less about the onfield product and go more because it is a cheap night out, in an amazing location where the concessions are borderline excellent at a reasonable price.

May I suggest now, in a return trip to Winnipeg that the walk taken south from the ballpark to The Forks, although worthwhile, may be worth being redirected north to stroll up a quickly growing waterfront and East Exchange ...with some decent eats on McDermot and Bannatyne (Johnny G's, Taste of Sri Lanka ...all within walking distance).

But I don't want to derail the Regina thread, so I apologize and will get back to my own territory.

As always, you're more than welcome in Winnipeg, Quimby.
Thanks, I usually go north to the Gentlemen's Club and other night clubs in the area. The Fork's is great for an afternoon with the wife and kids but when I go out with my friends living there, it is for the peelers and beers.

Hey, Migs and those that worship Fiacco, this may make you wonder if it is misplaced.http://rm.angusreidforum.com/?cid=1863&rs=MREnGGt
     
     
  #1916  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:59 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
Thanks, I usually go north to the Gentlemen's Club and other night clubs in the area. The Fork's is great for an afternoon with the wife and kids but when I go out with my friends living there, it is for the peelers and beers.

Hey, Migs and those that worship Fiacco, this may make you wonder if it is misplaced.http://rm.angusreidforum.com/?cid=1863&rs=MREnGGt
how about a cruse down the red on the river rouge?


or boarding at the forks in january or july

     
     
  #1917  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 3:00 AM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is online now
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,533
This isn't the WInnipeg thread, folks!
     
     
  #1918  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 3:01 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
This isn't the WInnipeg thread, folks!
fine then i will stop
     
     
  #1919  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 3:13 AM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is online now
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
fine then i will stop
You are free to post, but I'm just saying this might not be the best thread for talking about WInnipeg, that's all.
     
     
  #1920  
Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 3:34 AM
Migs Migs is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
Thanks, I usually go north to the Gentlemen's Club and other night clubs in the area. The Fork's is great for an afternoon with the wife and kids but when I go out with my friends living there, it is for the peelers and beers.

Hey, Migs and those that worship Fiacco, this may make you wonder if it is misplaced.http://rm.angusreidforum.com/?cid=1863&rs=MREnGGt
I see it allows one to vote more than once......I'd bet my bottom dollar that you stayed up late last night pushing the submit button over and over again. (also perhaps you should read the fineprint right underneath the poll). That said, he received 80%+ of the vote in the election last year........perhaps if the angusreid online survey is correct that these people whom apparently don't like Fiacco should go vote....until then the 86% that Mayor Pat received last year is a huge endorsement of the work he's done thus far.

Dammit now I'm talking politics with wingnut

Last edited by Migs; Apr 23, 2007 at 3:43 AM.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:47 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.