Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown
I'd be more impressed if it wasn't in the middle of a parking lot.
That being said, there does seem to be some mixed-use development being developed on Welsh Road. Not sure if that's Horsham or another municipality...
Either way, Montco definitely leading the way. In the next decade or two I could see Montco breaking 1MM people. It would be cool to have a suburban county break that threshold.
Also, Plymouth Township should take notes. They should be doing this more than anyone in Montco.
|
As a resident of Montco and observing all of the development in the last 20 years, I have been thinking about that 1 million mark for some time. I just happen to look up where Montgomery County (PA) ranks in the country for population and I could definitely see it eclipsing that 1 million mark in the next couple of decades!
Out of the
100 most populous counties and the total
3,144 counties in the country, Montgomery County (PA) ranks
71st! Most of that population is in Eastern Montco and Montco has
483 sq mi, which is the typical land area of a Sun Belt City lol.
But since this list includes counties that surround major cities or consolidated cities like Philadelphia, as a separate county altogether, it probably ranks much, much higher! Which is why I was looking for counties that border a city, not surround or encompass it, like Cook County, Ill or L.A. County, serving as an extension of the city.