Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
I knew it was going to happen at some point, but the six years I lived in Edmonton - and going there for various things all through my childhood and upbringing - always included crossing the High Level bridge. Nearly every damn time.
It it such an important piece of the Edmonton identity I don't even know what would could replace it.
It's going to be a really sad day for me to see it go.l
Look at me, getting emotional over a freakin' bridge. This is how good my memories of Edmonton are.
|
I wouldn't get too concerned about the City 'replacing' the HLB as it is a designated Municipal Historic Resource. My gut tells me that the City will establish a new crossing, likely down by the Walterdale, which will involve converting the one way roads to two-way with lane control or something. The opportunity to reposition the High Level into a pedestrian/bicycle only crossing along with a park on top is what's most exciting for me.