HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2026, 1:24 PM
bingun bingun is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2024
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Mel Norton has posted on Facebook that Tops restaurant on the corner of Union and Waterloo is closing. Looks like it lasted less than a year under the new ownership. What is it with people buying long established restaurants and then immediately changing much of what made them successful in the first place? Slocum and Ferris went the same way.

https://www.facebook.com/melnortonsj\\

I read recently a prediction that as many as 4000 restaurants will fail in Canada this year. I wonder who the other Saint John casualties will be in the months to come?
I don't frequent it, so I can't comment on whether the new owners have managed it well, but the Facebook comments pointed out the obvious: the location is the problem. People aren't comfortable parking or being in that area, halfway between the max pub and the fentanyl zone. The furniture store closed down a while back, and I wouldn't be surprised if the sushi place is struggling too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:50 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.