Quote:
Originally Posted by bingun
Yes, while they might have their differences these days, they would have figured out a private sale if there was serious interest.
I am not sure if JDI would consider it. At the end of the day, it's a money sink and will require serious investment to be usable in the long term. Perhaps Jim is sentimental about the place.
Their head office is probably full again with their return to the office, but they have lots of other sites dotted around the city that they could use.
I am still surprised they chose to relocate CFM to Thorne Avenue, where it is surrounded by shelters and transitional housing. I am sure their private police force keeps a close eye on things, but it's not ideal.
|
There are no Irving family members left at the company. Basically now a trust fund run by board of directors. The last Irving was Sarah and she left in 2024. There are no thanksgiving dinners where they get together to say “hey you interested in the golden ball before we list it?”