Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgeoftea
Yeah it's definitely something lol I just don't quite see what it's trying to achieve.
It's not a full sized replica (so you can't walk around the deck, into the state rooms, below deck etc). You don't get to feel like it would have been sailing on the Marco Polo.
It's not accurate, so it just looks like a Temu version of a ship that doesn't even really resemble the Marco Polo other than the colour.
If people are going to be able to walk around the ship, then it'll take all of 10 seconds?
Super odd.
|
I don't think we need to talk it down too much. At the end of the day, Barry has tried his best here with the funds available. A full-size functioning replica would be amazing, but it would also be a very costly endeavour. I hope they open it up somewhat, as I think kids would enjoy it.
To me, it's just a minor attraction or stop on Harbour Passage for tourists heading up to Reversing Falls or the NB Museum. Perhaps some of the walking tours can stop by and provide a more detailed explanation.