Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude
why is it that this is the first time i'm seeing this species of goose? Is it new? I think i just discovered a new species because i've never seen a photo of this before. Like, ottawa is not that far from the gta and central ontario, yet i've never seen this thing before.

|
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar
it's a brant goose, i had to look that up. They are headed to the high arctic for breeding.
|
As luck would have it I saw one of these today and immediately recognized it from this thread. I don't think I've seen one before either.
That is a Trumpeter Swan behind it.
There was actually an incredible amount of birds along the shore feeding on small alewife fish. I couldn't manage to capture the scope of all them. Gulls, terns, swans, geese, ducks, etc.
Anywho, broken record but another beautiful day.
As for the palm trees. I'm going to upgrade my prediction to a 99.9% chance they will not be staying.