HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2025, 12:35 AM
KincLosddy KincLosddy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Abbotsford
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
Yet there are still some terminally online people upset about the Hwy 1 expansions in the Fraser Valley, crying "induced demand" and "freeway median trains". Do these people ever leave their homes?
Oh we are out here and most of us are crying because of A, glacial progress at any infrastructure improvement and B, that the government is singularly focused on adding an HOV lane and a transit lane and that taking until well into the 2030s. We aren't saying do not widen. We are saying plan for more than just an HOV lane and a bus lane and maybe do those things faster than 20 years post-gateway.

I do love the amount of talking down you are doing, though. It really hits the nail in the head when I hear a lot of reasonable talk in the valley about how we are or are not meeting demand and planning for the future and others tell us to touch grass. I guess the thesis here is simple: A two lane highway serving a third of a million people with a population growth pushing past 10,000 people per year and one single intercity bus service is not enough... or maybe I am just terminally online? I don't know. I'm just living through these issues every day because I live in the valley and live and breathe these issues.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:18 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.