HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6361  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2025, 8:53 PM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
2204 Walnut St 10 story redevelopment just got permits issued (h/t jackphillyre)
I had to refresh my memory on this - pretty decent design.

__________________
I've been living under a rock.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6362  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2025, 2:07 PM
PurpleWhiteOut PurpleWhiteOut is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I had to refresh my memory on this - pretty decent design.

The final design is a little different with more detail and depth on the first setbacks:
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6363  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2025, 3:51 PM
jaysb jaysb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: S.Hill
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Two Apartments Are Now Complete in Queen Village





LOOK AT THIS! It is possible to design good-looking new builds!!!

My only gripe is that I know the brick is just aesthetic and that this is timber frame underneath, but that's such a cherry pick that I have to concede isn't even the fault of the developer. 10/10!!!
I'm a little glad they got rid of the 7/11 that was proposed at one stage there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6364  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2025, 4:22 PM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clark Park, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
I'm a little glad they got rid of the 7/11 that was proposed at one stage there.
I forgot about that! I'm inclined to disagree, ground-floor retail is a good thing and while 7/11 isn't exactly the nicest thing, it's still convenient to have in a pinch for things like milk, bread, batteries, and late-night junk food.
__________________
Philadelphia Transportation Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=164129

Last edited by mcgrath618; Jun 17, 2025 at 4:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6365  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2025, 6:13 PM
jaysb jaysb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: S.Hill
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I forgot about that! I'm inclined to disagree, ground-floor retail is a good thing and while 7/11 isn't exactly the nicest thing, it's still convenient to have in a pinch for things like milk, bread, batteries, and late-night junk food.
Palm Tree market is literally across the street on the SE corner of 2nd and Christian
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6366  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2025, 7:31 PM
jaysb jaysb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: S.Hill
Posts: 420
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia...00-market-old-city-hotel-restaurant.html

Bourse hotel conversion looks ok. Not my style but fitting for the area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6367  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2025, 9:37 PM
PHLtoNYC PHLtoNYC is online now
Chris
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,683
Sneak peek: Bourse, 400 Market redevelopment aims to be 'diamond of the community'
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia...00-market-old-city-hotel-restaurant.html

Glazer envisions the building reemerging as one of the gems of Old City with a 7,500-square-foot restaurant taking up most of the ground floor previously occupied by a food hall. The 152-room hotel is expected to open in the first quarter of 2026 while the adjacent 400 Market St., a conversion from 12 floors of office space into 176 apartments, is expected to deliver by the end of this year.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6368  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2025, 11:31 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia...00-market-old-city-hotel-restaurant.html

Bourse hotel conversion looks ok. Not my style but fitting for the area.
I think it's the perfect use for this location. I couldn't be happier. Plus the 400 Market plan is also great for the area. Maybe this will spark some positive bar/restaurant development in the hood.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6369  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 12:44 AM
PurpleWhiteOut PurpleWhiteOut is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
I think it's the perfect use for this location. I couldn't be happier. Plus the 400 Market plan is also great for the area. Maybe this will spark some positive bar/restaurant development in the hood.
I'm curious what, if any, exterior work and landscaping 400 Market will get to make it look more homey and residential or upscale. Currently it REALLY reads old office building. There are a few little barren concrete plazas that could use greenery, and it has poor street level interaction like a lot of the midcentury old city developments
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6370  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 12:19 PM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
I'm curious what, if any, exterior work and landscaping 400 Market will get to make it look more homey and residential or upscale. Currently it REALLY reads old office building. There are a few little barren concrete plazas that could use greenery, and it has poor street level interaction like a lot of the midcentury old city developments
I don't think we are talking about the same building. This would be the SW corner of 4th and Market, right?
__________________
I've been living under a rock.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6371  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 1:45 PM
PurpleWhiteOut PurpleWhiteOut is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I don't think we are talking about the same building. This would be the SW corner of 4th and Market, right?


Yeah I'm wondering if anything will be done to make this look like a residential building, like how the West Market conversion went under substantial changes. I think it's nice looking overall, but it just looks like a 70s office buildingl. The way it turns away from the primary corner and opens to little tucked away empty plazas is my main gripe with the ground floor interaction
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6372  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 2:19 PM
PHLtoNYC PHLtoNYC is online now
Chris
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,683
^ PMC pulled if off with the Franklin Tower a few years back.

But who knows, this day in age, it may be too costly to replace the façade. Reducing the heaviness on the ground level and a power wash + paint may suffice.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6373  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 2:31 PM
BroadandMarket BroadandMarket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
I think it's the perfect use for this location. I couldn't be happier. Plus the 400 Market plan is also great for the area. Maybe this will spark some positive bar/restaurant development in the hood.
This looks incredible. I was so worried the space would be closed off to the public.







As for 400 Market, powerwashing, white paint and new blue windows that open could go a long way. Old City needs some positive news, RIP Bookbinders again.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6374  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 2:51 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadandMarket View Post
This looks incredible. I was so worried the space would be closed off to the public.







As for 400 Market, powerwashing, white paint and new blue windows that open could go a long way. Old City needs some positive news, RIP Bookbinders again.
Yeah. More than any part of town, Old City has continued to struggle with prime vacancies and shuttering businesses. It's frustrating. Not only that but it seems like whatever comes in to replace something is horrible, cementing the loss.

Something has to act as a catalyst. We just haven't seen it yet. The area has SOOO much potential.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6375  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 4:32 PM
domodeez domodeez is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 519
Wow the Bourse looks amazing. Awesome to see.

And personally I like the look of 400 Market (I'm sure I'm in the minority). I do think it would look even better with black window mullions and black decorative grills instead of solid dark-tinted window panes, which screams old office building.

Something like:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6376  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 8:59 PM
BroadandMarket BroadandMarket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Yeah. More than any part of town, Old City has continued to struggle with prime vacancies and shuttering businesses. It's frustrating. Not only that but it seems like whatever comes in to replace something is horrible, cementing the loss.

Something has to act as a catalyst. We just haven't seen it yet. The area has SOOO much potential.
More residents like 400 Market and the Penn's Landing park should really help. If Durst ends up building a few high rise towers by the new park and National Realty finishes those projects along 2nd street, most of Old City's problems would be solved. Not enough young people live there right now to support bars and restaurants more than Friday/Saturday.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6377  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 9:48 PM
jaysb jaysb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: S.Hill
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadandMarket View Post
More residents like 400 Market and the Penn's Landing park should really help. If Durst ends up building a few high rise towers by the new park and National Realty finishes those projects along 2nd street, most of Old City's problems would be solved. Not enough young people live there right now to support bars and restaurants more than Friday/Saturday.
The reality is there are just better options for younger people these days. I will say there seems to continued momentum on the northern half of Old City. We went to First Friday a two weeks ago for old times sake. It was kinda wild the crowd was pretty split between young ppl and boomers. There was no one there our age (40s). I got the sense there's a good community of empty nesters who've moved into the city relatively recently. Anyway, FF was no where near the activity of the late 2000s but it was still fun.

edit: to add the revamped plaza on front and market should help make it a bit more appealing too.

Last edited by jaysb; Jun 18, 2025 at 9:52 PM. Reason: add
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6378  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2025, 9:50 PM
jaysb jaysb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: S.Hill
Posts: 420
Not a great angle but the Tishman Speyer building on 23rd and Market looks amazing in person now that the glass is in.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6379  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2025, 1:15 AM
PurpleWhiteOut PurpleWhiteOut is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,082


Spark Therapeutics Gene Therapy Innovation Center
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6380  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2025, 5:50 PM
Raja Raja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate/com...elphia-parking-lot-alterra-20250513.html

Passyunk and Bainbridge apartment building is back on with Alterra taking over

Will have to snap a pic some other time, but the parking lot is fenced off and excavation has already begun. Woohoo!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:12 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.