HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Dec 19, 2024, 3:39 PM
CanadaGoose CanadaGoose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 260
I am no traffic engineer.

I assume a lot of traffic on King Edward bridge goes towards the east end of Gatineau A-50, and very little goes up A-5 (disclosure: this is where I commute from).

From Montee Paiement A-50 interchange to Parliament Hill would be 14.4km (A-50 Montee Paiement, King Edward Bridge, Sussex, Wellington, etc).

With new bridge, I assume:
- 4km from Montee Paiement A-50 to Saint Louis (bridge start)
- 3km approx bridge length using google maps measure tool
Via:
- Sussex Drive to Parliament (that's no good) - 8.1km
- Aviation Parkway / 417 / Nicholas Drive - 10.6km

Proposed travel pattern via new bridge: 15.1km to 17.6km (versus 14.4km existing)

---
I can only guess that majority of king Edward traffic would use this new crossing as a secondary alternative, if the primary is congested.

But with the city, not really putting any effort on finishing Vanier Parkway, and proposing a tunnel that would cost more than a bridge (that could handle maybe 2-3 times the traffic), handle one lane of traffic and has many complexities. What choice does the Feds have?
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.