Quote:
Originally Posted by lrt's friend
I will continue to remind you that transit is a network. Buses have to work with rail. If the connections are not reliable, how popular will this be? We saw the same issue when Line 1 opened which has left a sour taste for many former transit riders from the east and west. It is not just about me but thousands of my neighbours who will also experience worse service. Quit being an apologist for bad design. I know that it is too late to fix this especially on the rail side. Maybe you are right that more will have a good experience than a bad one. Time will tell. But if many will have longer travel times, you can't hide it.
|
You keep treating these design flaws as if they're going to be fatal to the success of the project, as if thousands of housing units aren't going to be built right along the line in the coming decade and as if the expansion isn't opening up more connections for people whom the line would never have made sense to use before (e.g. all of Herongate)— but more importantly you yourself keep ignoring the "network" aspect of the project more than anyone else I've seen on this forum.
I've (repeatedly) emphasized the fact that connecting bus services could be improved and fixed at any time without requiring any additional work to be done on the Trillium Line, and I've also emphasized my point that you keep acting as if this can't be done— and you just keep proving my point.
What am I being an apologist for? The fact that your neighbourhood could receive better service and better connections by investing more in transit operations..? Because I'm certainly not suggesting that 10 minute headways on Line 2 would somehow make those cuts any more acceptable.
There's no use for your defeatist attitude here— because if you're going to acknowledge that it's "too late to fix this on the rail side" but constantly ignore the potential for investment in bus service, then what are you even doing?
It's exhausting when every post is just bemoaning the lack of some specific design element that would allegedly solve everything when there are so many other solutions right in front of your face that you refuse to ever properly acknowledge. What do any of us gain from this except a toxic atmosphere of negativity from someone who offers nothing but problems?