Quote:
Originally Posted by dpogue
In terms of ridership, there's much more demand along 41st or 49th than along Hastings, so I would expect to see a train proposal for that ahead of Hastings. That said, there is political pressure for the line to the North Shore and that essentially has to cross through Burnaby and Hastings, but Surrey is definitely going to want their line to Newton after that.
|
As far as I understand it, the 41st/49th corridor is doing just fine with bus capacity, and 49th is set to get a major bus lane expansion with the recent motion passed by city council (along with limited 41st bus lane expansion).
I personally find it very hard to believe that 41st/49th would have any priority over the North Shore, Surrey, and the PoCo-Pitt Meadows-Maple Ridge corridor. Hell I think we're more likely to see rail transit to Squamish before a 41st/49th route. (Bear in mind, the 41st/49th corridor is not a convenient right of way! Imagine the cost of tunnelling...)