Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCFlier
The companion certificate is a feature of a co-branded credit card, which, besides the certificate (which is the only reason to hold the card), is laughable in earn and in "status lift".
|
That’s not what I was referring to. WS Rewards status Companion Certificates - different than the credit card ones - are given as milestone awards starting at $4k spend, and then at every $2k after that. (Unlike the credit card version, there’s no price associated with these ones. No $119/$399 cost to use these ones. You only pay the taxes, fees, ATC.)
I’ve been Platinum for a few years, and I typically earn 3 of these annually. My wife is also Platinum and gets these too. Great benefit that’s been awesome for us and our family — allowing us to leverage work travel for some fantastic trips at a fraction of what they’d otherwise cost when combined with WSD.
YMMV.
Best rewards program in the world? Absolutely not. But not awful.
My issue with WestJet is how the service in the ground and the onboard product are spiralling downwards. For customers in the airport or onboard a plane, the WestJet experience is getting worse. I’d initially given them a pass assuming it was all temporary due to rebounding from pandemic challenges, but it’s clear that all of the service downgrades are intentional decisions and here to stay.