HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1241  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 1:09 PM
RideauRat RideauRat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 191
Is that a new plan? because i didn't know they had the tower 3 and tower 2 arranged like that. I like it better like that
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1242  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 3:22 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
The biggest hurdle I think is likely the Trillium Line construction delays. They haven't even put the bridge up yet.
The Trinity site is jammed with vehicles and materials for Trillium these past few weeks. I'm going with your assumption that this is the biggest hurdle. Who knows, maybe Ruddy & Co are as just as eager as we are to see shovels in the ground!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1243  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 3:28 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideauRat View Post
Is that a new plan? because i didn't know they had the tower 3 and tower 2 arranged like that. I like it better like that
I don't remember seeing a rendering where the stumpy office tower wasn't at the wedged east end of the site, so this site plan does not match anything I've seen so far in terms of tower placement.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1244  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 5:24 PM
Ottawacurious Ottawacurious is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 570
I can't find the documents on devapps (900 albert). I tried the link to the documents that was posted earlier in this thread - it also doesn't work. Searched for 'albert' for both active and inactive applications and of the 10 results, none of them identify this project.

Thoughts? What am I doing incorrectly?

I found this on OttWatch? (http://v1.ottwatch.ca/devapps/D02-02-16-0018)

Last edited by Ottawacurious; Jan 9, 2023 at 5:27 PM. Reason: added link RE OttWatch
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1245  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 5:46 PM
rocketphish's Avatar
rocketphish rocketphish is online now
Planet Ottawa and beyond
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greater Ottawa
Posts: 14,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawacurious View Post
I can't find the documents on devapps (900 albert). I tried the link to the documents that was posted earlier in this thread - it also doesn't work. Searched for 'albert' for both active and inactive applications and of the 10 results, none of them identify this project.

Thoughts? What am I doing incorrectly?

I found this on OttWatch? (http://v1.ottwatch.ca/devapps/D02-02-16-0018)
While it used to be known as 801 Albert St., this site has been known as 900 Albert St. since at least 2016, so you're using the correct search term. However, devapps are frequently removed from the City site after a project gets approval, so it's no surprise to me that those links are now dead.

You can always try searching on the old OttWatch, as you just did. It limits searching to 999 days in the past by default, but if you change that to a larger number you'll turn up some hits.

You can always resort to Google as well, which often does a better job.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1246  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 7:09 PM
sgera sgera is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 207
some more info co/Inter-rent REIT:
https://www.interrentreit.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/2022_Q3_MDA.pdf

Looks like the third (minority) partner is out...it's now 50-50 between Trinity and Inter-rent...as

"The Trust completed a $2.4 million acquisition for a 2.5% interest in 801 Albert Street Inc., the development site
at 900 Albert Street Ottawa. Following this transaction, the REIT holds a 50% interest in the development
property through its direct interest in 801 Albert Street Inc. and through its 40% ownership in the TIP Albert
Limited Partnership joint venture."

"900 Albert Street
The site plan application was approved by Ottawa City Council in July 2020 and the final site plan agreement is
currently ongoing. The approved site plan application allows for 1,241 residential suites, 423,764 sq ft of office
space, and 87,844 sq ft of retail space. Ownership of this project was previously split between three partners,
however during the quarter, the third partner sold its minority interest to both remaining partners, leaving the
REIT and the remaining partner each with a 50% interest in the project. The REIT continues to work with its
partner and external consultants to develop detailed design plans in order to deliver an offering that reflects
not only the current needs of the market but also incorporates concepts and technologies to ensure its
continued relevance as rental housing needs continue to evolve. Management continues to monitor, and is
encouraged by, the redevelopment progress in the broader LeBreton Flats area."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1247  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 7:59 PM
RideauRat RideauRat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
I don't remember seeing a rendering where the stumpy office tower wasn't at the wedged east end of the site, so this site plan does not match anything I've seen so far in terms of tower placement.
I though i was dreaming when I swore i Did see a render with this configuration but the first page has one haha. now I'm wondering if they're sticking with this or not

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1248  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 8:00 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
Sounds promising and scary at the same time. Promising, because this project is definitely still in progress. Scary, because the wording makes me think they are going to be making some major changes. If they hire RLA to slap five 27 story CharWhites on site, I'm moving back to Calgary
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1249  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2023, 8:06 PM
SL123 SL123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
Sounds promising and scary at the same time. Promising, because this project is definitely still in progress. Scary, because the wording makes me think they are going to be making some major changes. If they hire RLA to slap five 27 story CharWhites on site, I'm moving back to Calgary
Agree

This part is scary
To develop detailed design plans in order to deliver an offering that reflects
not only the current needs of the market but also incorporates concepts and technologies to ensure its continued relevance as rental housing needs continue to evolve.


This part makes me optimistic
Management continues to monitor, and is
encouraged by, the redevelopment progress in the broader LeBreton Flats area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1250  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 3:23 AM
Ottawacurious Ottawacurious is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 570
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1251  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 2:12 PM
OTownandDown OTownandDown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
Sounds promising and scary at the same time. Promising, because this project is definitely still in progress. Scary, because the wording makes me think they are going to be making some major changes. If they hire RLA to slap five 27 story CharWhites on site, I'm moving back to Calgary
If we go from custom terra-cotta and dark glazing to anodized aluminum and charcoal block, I'll drive the moving truck.

We've already gone thru one phase of optimization, removing the terra cotta. The next phase will include the block, I'm sure of it. Someone will find 100 pallettes over at Merkley and it'll be used during construction.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1252  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 2:35 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideauRat View Post
I though i was dreaming when I swore i Did see a render with this configuration but the first page has one haha. now I'm wondering if they're sticking with this or not

Forgot about that one. I think that's an older version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawacurious View Post
The latter is the most recent design as far as I know.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1253  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 5:16 PM
rocketphish's Avatar
rocketphish rocketphish is online now
Planet Ottawa and beyond
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greater Ottawa
Posts: 14,706
FYI. I've moved the long-running discussion about the Bayview Station/Trinity site pedestrian connector bridge to the Trillium Line Extension thread. Regardless of who is paying for this bridge, it lies outside of the Trinity site and its construction is part of the rail station project.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1254  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 11:02 AM
originalmuffins originalmuffins is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 877
Maybe after the bridge is done, we'll finally see movement on this site...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1255  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 1:30 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalmuffins View Post
Maybe after the bridge is done, we'll finally see movement on this site...
Might only be when Trillium opens. And by that time, it will be fall. So if this thing isn't started by Spring 2024, I'm giving up all hope.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1256  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 7:00 PM
originalmuffins originalmuffins is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Might only be when Trillium opens. And by that time, it will be fall. So if this thing isn't started by Spring 2024, I'm giving up all hope.
Yeah, at that point it is the only timing that makes sense as to why it has been delayed so long. If it isn't started by then, Trinity doesn't care about this site and was wasting everyone's time with this and Rendezvous.

I hope they sell their 50% stake to another builder and let them go to town on this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1257  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 7:28 PM
acottawa acottawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,930
It is vapourware. It has always been vapourware.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1258  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 7:59 PM
Dzingle Bells Dzingle Bells is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalmuffins View Post
Yeah, at that point it is the only timing that makes sense as to why it has been delayed so long. If it isn't started by then, Trinity doesn't care about this site and was wasting everyone's time with this and Rendezvous.

I hope they sell their 50% stake to another builder and let them go to town on this.
how do you know trinity is just sitting on their hands?

Quote:
It is vapourware. It has always been vapourware.
i mean yes, it technically is "vapourware" since the definition for that is "not yet available to buy...because it is still being written or designed"

last i heard the project is with the city, with trinity and the design team waiting for comments back on their 3rd SPA submission.

while im not trying to advocate for trinity on this, sometimes there is more going on than we are privy to.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1259  
Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 5:55 AM
originalmuffins originalmuffins is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzingle Bells View Post
how do you know trinity is just sitting on their hands?



i mean yes, it technically is "vapourware" since the definition for that is "not yet available to buy...because it is still being written or designed"

last i heard the project is with the city, with trinity and the design team waiting for comments back on their 3rd SPA submission.

while im not trying to advocate for trinity on this, sometimes there is more going on than we are privy to.
Because it's been approved for years, they kept pushing dates back with zero explanation or rationale, and then they removed it off their site. These were supposed to be built out for S22 I believe. We haven't even broken ground and with zero communications of it actually happening soon. By definition, they are sitting on it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1260  
Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 12:00 PM
Ottawacurious Ottawacurious is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 570
Is it better to build before knowing what will happen at lebreton or afterward? Few more months to go on a decision related to an arena. Waited this long...what's another year to ensure you maximize the site?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:59 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.