Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG
They were, unfortunately a lot of drug users and homeless and there's been a few fights in there. People would be passed out at the tables regularly and I had heard that they installed a blue light in the bathrooms to try to discourage drug usage (I have had no reason to go there in a while so I can't confirm this firsthand).
A much bigger discussion but it's time to rethink some of the methadone clinic locations and what not.
|
We had this discussion awhile ago and I think it would be a worthwhile pursuit to discuss it again, provided we keep it civil.
On one hand, methadone clincs provide an important service for staving people off of opiate addiction (especially heroin) and deserve to be at places easily accessible by public transportation.
On the other hand, the presence of a methadone clinic can be associated with higher crime and homelessness activity in the area it is built. Is Center City a good place for one, then?