HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


    One Burrard Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2181  
Old Posted May 10, 2022, 11:19 PM
jollyburger jollyburger is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15,801
In urban areas do they want cell phone transmitters that high? Or wouldn't they prefer a denser mesh of transmitters lower down especially with 5G?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2182  
Old Posted May 11, 2022, 12:42 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,790
Good point - I Googled and they say usually to about 200ft high.

I suppose ithe strips could just be another disparate design element.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2183  
Old Posted May 12, 2022, 3:27 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
It's a nice looking tower with clear presence and definitely a skyline maker, even as it falls short in detail.

Has the lighting feature been on already and I wonder how much the rental units are going for?

https://burrardplacerentals.ca/homes/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2184  
Old Posted May 12, 2022, 10:25 PM
Zepfancouver's Avatar
Zepfancouver Zepfancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
May 9 '22, my pics

A timeline gif of mcminsen 'corner stone' shots of One Burrard.


https://makeagif.com/i/cIkkZJ On YouTube https://youtube.com/shorts/orlcXkFK-Is?feature=share

Last edited by Zepfancouver; May 12, 2022 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2185  
Old Posted May 13, 2022, 6:45 AM
mcminsen's Avatar
mcminsen mcminsen is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 9,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepfancouver View Post
A timeline gif of mcminsen 'corner stone' shots of One Burrard.
...




Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2186  
Old Posted May 13, 2022, 4:26 PM
truenorth44 truenorth44 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
May 9 '22, my pics
Mcminsen, thank you again for your thorough photo documentation of the buildings around town - I find that I'm able to see a lot more detail than when I'm standing in front of the building myself! And it highlights things to look at when I do go in person.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2187  
Old Posted May 13, 2022, 9:30 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Has the lighting feature been on already ...
I haven't seen any lighting on the spine or at the top, yet.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2188  
Old Posted May 13, 2022, 10:34 PM
Zepfancouver's Avatar
Zepfancouver Zepfancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,656
Lighting...I don't think it's going to happen. It only takes that one complaint (from a wannabe city dweller) to shut it and tear it all down.

Last edited by Zepfancouver; May 13, 2022 at 10:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2189  
Old Posted May 14, 2022, 12:56 AM
jollyburger jollyburger is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
I haven't seen any lighting on the spine or at the top, yet.
That Burrard Place insider said there was spot lighting on the spine.

Quote:
Hi, we actually received a site instruction to not power the light strip permanently. They only allowed us to power it for a couple of hours for testing.

Apparently, Reliance would like to have this lit up during the opening of the building. I presume that media will be present.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2190  
Old Posted May 14, 2022, 4:15 PM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
It is incredible to think that the Lougheed towers will be up to 91 meters taller than One Burrard Place.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2191  
Old Posted May 15, 2022, 12:33 AM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
I haven't seen any lighting on the spine or at the top, yet.
I swear I saw the spire and crown lit up last week sometime.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2192  
Old Posted May 15, 2022, 2:03 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
I swear I saw the spire and crown lit up last week sometime.
Good to hear!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2193  
Old Posted May 15, 2022, 5:03 AM
jollyburger jollyburger is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15,801
Yeah this Instagram post seems to suggest the crown will get lit up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZTHIdOrqJk/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2194  
Old Posted May 16, 2022, 2:37 PM
Burrardbuilder Burrardbuilder is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
Yes it will get lit up. The glass on top serves as a light diffuser (tertiary function). Those glass at the top actually covers some mechanical equipment for residential water and heating. They are designed to act as an architectural louver.
I applaud the architect for the design and the Alpro for the build.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2195  
Old Posted May 16, 2022, 10:04 PM
VantageHD's Avatar
VantageHD VantageHD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 753
I can't believe how good this building turned out. It has so many good angles. Hard to find something I don't like at street level or skyline view.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2196  
Old Posted May 30, 2022, 3:09 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
From Vancouver Lookout few weeks ago.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2197  
Old Posted Jun 5, 2022, 10:55 PM
Zepfancouver's Avatar
Zepfancouver Zepfancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,656
Began this when I was made aware of a laserdics called "The Vancouver Disc" 1986.
Video contains all (original) photos from this thread, no second party photos except for 3, a groundbreaking ceremony picture, a mast segment for the concrete pump and a developer's picture.
At the end of the video, I credited (in order of appearance) every person who posted a comment or picture on this thread.

• Video Link
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2198  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 3:45 AM
zahav zahav is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,052
I'm still not 100% sold on it, it has it's good moments and the height is a huge plus in it's favour. But some elements I'm not raving about
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2199  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 3:46 AM
jollyburger jollyburger is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15,801
The lighting feature will save it
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2200  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 10:25 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepfancouver View Post
Began this when I was made aware of a laserdics called "The Vancouver Disc" 1986.
Video contains all (original) photos from this thread, no second party photos except for 3, a groundbreaking ceremony picture, a mast segment for the concrete pump and a developer's picture.
At the end of the video, I credited (in order of appearance) every person who posted a comment or picture on this thread.

• Video Link
That's a lot of work!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.