HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


    Soho Italia in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Ottawa Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #781  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 9:10 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumple-stilts View Post
The only part left to 'top off' is the bit above the SOHO sign in the rendering. I doubt the added 2 meters is going to make a difference in your Queensway drive.
Oh well. Still a solid impact from all other angles. We can see it from Ruskin before walking in front of the Heart Institute. Quite an impressive skyline we have at Dow's Lake!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #782  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 10:08 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,116
From Derek on Rail Fans Canada Discord.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #783  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 10:11 PM
SL123 SL123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Oh well. Still a solid impact from all other angles. We can see it from Ruskin before walking in front of the Heart Institute. Quite an impressive skyline we have at Dow's Lake!
Hopefully this is only the beginning.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #784  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2022, 1:53 PM
rumple-stilts rumple-stilts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Oh well. Still a solid impact from all other angles. We can see it from Ruskin before walking in front of the Heart Institute. Quite an impressive skyline we have at Dow's Lake!
Agree. I'm on Ruskin by the HI and I can see it peaking above the roof tops from where I am typing this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #785  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2022, 2:21 PM
MountainView MountainView is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,184
Lots of cranes in this area:

Taken myself on 18-03-2022
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #786  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2022, 2:50 PM
UrbOttawa UrbOttawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 415
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #787  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 9:55 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
Today

20220321_162010 by harley613, on Flickr
20220321_164844 by harley613, on Flickr
__________________
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the.harleydavis/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #788  
Old Posted Mar 27, 2022, 7:21 PM
waterloowarrior's Avatar
waterloowarrior waterloowarrior is offline
National Capital Region
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 9,255
I drove down Preston this afternoon and found the glass on Soho Italia looks way better than Claridge Icon. The darker framing/spandrel/panels also look much better so far.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #789  
Old Posted Mar 27, 2022, 7:28 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
I drove down Preston this afternoon and found the glass on Soho Italia looks way better than Claridge Icon. The darker framing/spandrel/panels also look much better so far.
110%

This building is the anti-RLA RLA building. Kudos to Mastercraft Starwood for extracting this from copy-paste crew.

From an hour ago:
Italia by harley613, on Flickr
Italia 2 by harley613, on Flickr
__________________
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the.harleydavis/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #790  
Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 12:09 AM
UrbOttawa UrbOttawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 415
Looks great! I wonder if they're still planning on including the lighting feature on the podium


http://elema-ing.com/en/projets/soho-italia
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #791  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 9:02 PM
ServiceGuy ServiceGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 335
Building is officially topped out but I have noticed window installs have stopped for some time now part way through 9th floor. Problems with Bassi dropping the build process maybe?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #792  
Old Posted Apr 2, 2022, 2:00 AM
Mille Sabords's Avatar
Mille Sabords Mille Sabords is offline
Elle est déjà vide!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Big Bad Ottawa
Posts: 2,083
What happened to the retail at grade...? did I miss something or do the newer renderings just show a lobby at sidewalk level?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #793  
Old Posted Apr 2, 2022, 11:28 AM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mille Sabords View Post
What happened to the retail at grade...? did I miss something or do the newer renderings just show a lobby at sidewalk level?
They also mentioned a museum at some point. I hope they've kept one or the other.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #794  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 3:41 AM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
There are RLA buildings that I LIKE, despite my constant criticism of the firm. I like the Dale for example. Soho Italia has potential to be the first RLA building I LOVE however. I'm really impressed so far.

__________________
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the.harleydavis/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #795  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 1:45 PM
OTSkyline OTSkyline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,827
I agree. Digging the black materials, the amount of glass/windows and the street-level interaction & (fingers crossed) lighting features.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #796  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 2:55 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
110%

This building is the anti-RLA RLA building. Kudos to Mastercraft Starwood for extracting this from copy-paste crew.

From an hour ago:
Italia by harley613, on Flickr
Italia 2 by harley613, on Flickr
Maybe it's just too protect the interior while u/c, but the "GlasRoc" material gives me a uneasy "future blank wall" vibe.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #797  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 5:00 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
Something is wonky here. Envie Champagne Tower 1 is listed on SSP and elsewhere at 77.6m and Soho Italia is listed on SSP and elsewhere at 96m. I can't see 18.4m/60 feet height difference between them, the equivalent of 6 standard residential floors.

77.6m is only 255 feet. Envie can't be 28 stories + that thick mechanical penthouse at only 77.6m. Can anyone help decipher this mystery?

__________________
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the.harleydavis/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #798  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 6:17 PM
MountainView MountainView is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
Something is wonky here. Envie Champagne Tower 1 is listed on SSP and elsewhere at 77.6m and Soho Italia is listed on SSP and elsewhere at 96m. I can't see 18.4m/60 feet height difference between them, the equivalent of 6 standard residential floors.

77.6m is only 255 feet. Envie can't be 28 stories + that thick mechanical penthouse at only 77.6m. Can anyone help decipher this mystery?
According to the site servicing report dated May 20, 2014, Envie Tower 1 should have a maximum building height of 81 m plus a 5 m amenity penthouse.

Page 22 has the details

I believe Soho Italia was approved at 31 stories and 95.2 m... so if they shaved a floor off, I assume some height was lost too.

Otherwise, you're looking at a ~10 m difference between the two.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #799  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 11:05 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainView View Post
According to the site servicing report dated May 20, 2014, Envie Tower 1 should have a maximum building height of 81 m plus a 5 m amenity penthouse.

Page 22 has the details

I believe Soho Italia was approved at 31 stories and 95.2 m... so if they shaved a floor off, I assume some height was lost too.

Otherwise, you're looking at a ~10 m difference between the two.

It appears to me that they shaved two floors off, I only count 29.
__________________
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the.harleydavis/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #800  
Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 10:31 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
From the other side today:
__________________
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the.harleydavis/
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:48 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.