Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf66
My wife and I are planning a trip to Croatia this Sep. Flights out of YEG are all 2 stops and either funnel through YYC, YYZ or YUL. There is a direct YEG-AMS on KLM but it doesn't make it in time to connect to Split (SPU). From YYC we can get a 1 stop in AMS with a 2 hr layover before flying to SPU same day. Sounds just about perfect and the flight is over $400 cheaper than anything decent out of YEG.
So we are thinking of driving to Calgary and parking for about 21 days. Is the economy lot usually the best option for this amount of time? I heard sometimes it fills up.
|
I have done this before. Typically I would fly to Wales with KLM. Previous to them flying from Edmonton, I would drive to Calgary. Each time I saved a $2-300, parked for free at a friends place. The issue was the long travel day back, the drive was gruelling. Hotel, parking, gas, all eat into those savings, even more so now.