Posted Oct 30, 2021, 2:13 PM
|
 |
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clark Park, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,040
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001
I appreciate the comments. To answer your questions; I am not the one who runs Philly YIMBY, Nikolai Fedak is still the president of all YIMBY sites. And I do consider myself a journalist, just not a good one...writing was never something I excelled in especially at school. But I was mainly picked up due to my photography and how I track developments over time. I too become frustrated with the editing as my information and wording often gets tangled with someone else's vision, though that's what I kind of expect.
When I was first contacted about the formation of Philadelphia YIMBY in April 2020, I was actually very excited from the start. The excitement, yet nervousness was pumped up when the site was being made in July and the first collection of photos were taken in July 29th, with my first article being typed on August 1 and published on the 3rd. The same month, I had rented my first house, with only my first YIMBY pay and a stimulus check to aquire the property. Flash forward to the present, and I'm not so pleased with my work and what others have done. I have basically been shoved away while new journalists have been brought onto the site, which I can totally understand as my work has not been satisfactory. I must move on and learn from my mistakes, but hopefully I can get back out there like I used to be. For a long time I've been wanting to sell my own photographs as prints, and that might become a new source of income as my journalism has been lowered (and architectural photography greatly trumps my hobby on journalism). If you have any questions about anything, please DM me. Once again, I really appreciate all of your comments
|
That’s the thing though—your work was much better than most of what they’re putting out right now!
Keep trying man. You’ll figure things out. You clearly know what you’re into, and as long as you’re doing something that you like, you’ll do fine.
|