HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I think as time goes on and the river grows, that we'll see more boats stuck in the mud. After all there used to be ships stuck in the mud at one time!
Fixed.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Fixed.
Haha, clever.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Fixed.
True!

Old Posted Sep 24, 2021, 12:32 AM

I was driving on Gunningsville Blvd. this evening and saw them pouring concrete at the Dobson Crossing construction site. That was at 7:30. Two simultaneous projects in Riverview by Thrive Properties, and they're racing against the clock with winter on the horizon. This is what they're working on:

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 5:50 PM

Another Dollar store in Riverview? It wouldn't surprise me, it seems like they're sprouting up everywhere. Where would be the most logical location?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 6:30 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Another Dollar store in Riverview? It wouldn't surprise me, it seems like they're sprouting up everywhere. Where would be the most logical location?
Could fit in near the giant tiger in the mall I think there is space still available there if not that building on its own out front. If that's too close to the other one Pinewood area would make the most sense even with the great Canadian near by

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Could fit in near the giant tiger in the mall I think there is space still available there if not that building on its own out front. If that's too close to the other one Pinewood area would make the most sense even with the great Canadian near by
There are a lot of vacancies in Findlay Estates, so it could be a possibly. Plus it's a retail cluster that draws people. I don't think the Great Canadian nearby would be an issue. Not really the same merchandise.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 1:58 AM

I noticed that some tenants have already moved into the first MoeMar apartment building in Runneymeade Estates, even though they're still working on the building. This is the 55 unit building, and they've now started the first floor on the 71 unit next to it. Their long range plans are for 8 buildings in this area. Hillsborough Rd. traffic is going to increase in the future!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 3:16 AM
Throbbing Mass

[QUOTE=jonny golden;9413131]I noticed that some tenants have already moved into the first MoeMar apartment building in Runneymeade Estates, even though they're still working on the building. This is the 55 unit building, and they've now started the first floor on the 71 unit next to it. Their long range plans are for 8 buildings in this area. Hillsborough Rd. traffic is going to increase in the future!

Yeesh! Would you mind shrinking the image down next time?

Last edited by JHikka; Oct 7, 2021 at 2:39 PM. Reason: complains about giant image yet quotes giant image again

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 12:58 PM

Yes, I should have. Sorry.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 1:03 PM

Third bridge - Mill Creek Nature Park

The construction of a third bridge has started in Mill Creek Nature Park and is anticipated to be complete within a few weeks.

The Bridge is being build below the dam in what is called Nolan's Gully.

The town has challenges with storm run-off with new construction north of the park. The creek that runs along the gully will be re-routed with a more natural flow into Mill Creek.

The design will be the same as the existing upper & lower bridges.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumater View Post
Yeesh! Would you mind shrinking the image down next time?
And you reposted the same image. Bahahahaha.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 2:13 PM

For large images, if you're not sure how to resize them to board appropriate sizing, you can also add the SPOILER tags around it.

That will let you show the full sized image for people who want to see it, without blowing up the width of the thread.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 3:03 PM

Does anyone have any info or diagrams of how the new bridge will be connected to the existing trail system?

I'm just curious as I haven't really seen anything, just made a few assumptions based on some drone footage.

Will people be able to walk under the bridge like at the Gunningsville bridge?

Cheers.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 3:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

You can walk under the bridge now (on the Riverview side). It's kinda neat, and a great observation spot for the river.

There is a boat launch at the bridge on the Moncton side, and there is a connection under the bridge there too, but I don't know how that will tie in with the reconstructed trail system yet. I would be very surprised however if there is not a connection planned.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 6:22 PM

MoeMar has just installed the mini tower crane on their site on Runneymeade Rd. The 55 unit building went up pretty quickly, and I'm sure this one will as well. It's 71 units.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 2:24 PM

It's amazing how quickly new apartments are getting rented. It was surprising this morning to see how many vehicles were in the parking lot on the new building on Runneymeade Road. It looks like it won't be long before it's full. And the Kensington at Gunningsville/Pinewood is fully leased, even though it's a long way from being finished. The market is strong!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 5:39 PM

Finally you can see some good progress at the Kensington Apartments. The 2nd building now has the 4th floor framed and it looks like they're working on the roof. There's also several windows installed. Looks like it will be weather tight so they can work on the interior during the winter.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 4:43 PM

You can finally see some progress on The Tides building on Coverdale Rd. They have been working for several weeks on things not visible from the road. But driving by yesterday, I noticed some cinder block construction on the next level. I'm still intrigued as to how much progress they'll be able to make before winter. Will we see a crane soon, or not until the spring?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 4:27 PM

Say it ain't so. I'm seeing construction workers at The old 'Green Gables' convenience store at the corner of Trites Rd. & Whitepine Rd.

Anyone hearing anything?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces