HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2021, 2:22 PM
haljackey's Avatar
haljackey haljackey is offline
User Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 3,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I think the whole thing is pointless without the north leg. And the west leg needed to go further west.
North leg is not happening. That one got voted down a lot more than the west leg that just narrowly lost. I could see the west leg revived some day. The Oxford/Wharncliffe rebuild is still designed for BRT in mind I think so it could be done once the east and south legs are done. Next city council could greenlight it if upper government funding is still on the table.

If Wonderland is 6-laned, I would hope improvements at the Oxford intersection are made so BRT can be easily shoehorned in some day in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Instead of Richmond, was a Wharncliff/Western route to Masonville ever considered for the
northern leg?
I think I recall seeing it as like alternative 'D' in super early plans. That route would get rid of the level crossing at Richmond and the CP tracks, or the expensive tunnel under it that was once proposed.

Thing is it is not direct if you're a commuter from Masonville area that wants to go downtown. It mostly serves students and you remember just how much of an 🞵🞵🞵 Western was to running rapid transit through campus.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:03 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.