Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster
I doubt those are placeholders, they are likely conceptual design stage drawings that are being refined. If the project has legs, which I hope it does, the designs would likely be similar if they can pencil out that level of architecture.
Also not sure who they plan on putting in a 225m tower in Surrey, so colour me very skeptical, but I'm interested to hear more.
|
Unless I'm missing something, this project was being promoted by the Surrey City Development Corporation - which has being wound up, and absorbed into the City of Surrey. They hired Urban Strategies, from Toronto, who presumably hired the Toronto architects to generate a 'vision' of how the area could be developed.
In the same way that the City of Vancouver have submitted a rezoning for the Granville Loops, (albeit with no architectural design, just massing), presumably Surrey are doing something similar for the Centre Block.
Whether there's an actual tower, or towers, or tenants lined up remains to be revealed. There was a suggestion that the Federal Government might put all their staff in the area from various buildings into a single location in Surrey Centre - but they floated that idea for the Sinclair Centre in Downtown Vancouver, and then dropped it and scattered them around in a variety of new buildings, not all Downtown.