HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 6, 2021, 12:22 PM
Camelback Camelback is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I think "cultural Catholics" is a commonly used term, at least in academic circles. Describes my family too. My wife and I did all the sacraments, but we only step foot in church on Christmas and Easter.

My son was baptized (largely so the grandparents don't freak out, and nothing wrong with a party), but Catholicism in my family essentially stops with him. I feel very happy it isn't part of his life.
Then what's the point? Is just to be able to identify that you're part of something bigger? I quoted Crawford, but the question applies to everybody that does the same thing, attend church services only on the major holidays, gets their children baptized, gets married in a church, etc.

I was baptized, went to Sunday school, went to church every Sunday up until high school and then I decided (actually the rest of my entire family did as well) that I/we would rather have my Sundays available for something else to do.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:50 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.