Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver
That's dumb that they didn't even try to incorporate the cycle track into the entry plaza landscaping. It looks like it just disappears into a jumbled free-for-all concrete sidewalk, with a shared crosswalk, and then continues on the other side of the street. I hope that was just not part of this level of rendering and site planning, but it's going to be a glaring failure if it makes it through to the final design. I don't live in Vancouver any more, so my input doesn't carry weight in public consultation (when they ask for your postal code), so I hope some locals can gather up torches and pitchforks and get that fixed.
|
The main cycle track now goes straight through eastbound from the intersection of 1st and Thornton Street, heading through the middle of the Emily Carr site. I believe that routing will be maintained when the station is built. It will take it north of the station house. There's still a branch that goes to Brunswick Street, but this isn't used very much compared to the northern branch that goes to Olympic Village and False Creek.
Having a painted cycle track right in front of the station entrance hasn't worked out very well at Olympic Village station. The city really should have rebuilt the ramp to go behind the station.