Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnixon
Yes, clearly there will be no access to the water anywhere in this area. /s
|
IMO this is exactly the problem^
The city has an infinite amount of places where you can sit on grass/rocks/natural surfaces next to the water. However there are no urban areas that interact with the water despite there being so much of it throughout the city. The hand full of scattered restaurants and patios that we do have beside the rivers and canal are too isolated and disconnected to create any sort of urban edge on the water.
That Washington project posted earlier in this thread seems to a great job in animating the space with its long promenade along the water packed full of restaurants, shops and entertainment. With the landscape of Zibi, I get the feeling things will be too spread out and disjointed to have the same experience where you can stroll along the water, poke into shops and grab a beer on a patio. I hope I’m wrong but that’s the sense I’m getting so far.