Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009
Downtown Vancouver is neither the geographic or population center of the region and it has poor road access. With cheaper real estate and less regulation in the suburbs Vancouver could lose its significance eventually
Who's to say head offices, the next Canucks arena, major museums, etc need to be built in Vancouver. They could end up somewhere like metrotown which is much more convenient for many
|
Absolutely. Centre's of influence are the sum of its parts, and these are always in flux in a changing society. We just don't see usually see them unfold rapidly since the pace of change is usually too slow to really notice unless you're looking for it.
I think looking back, New Westminster is sort of an example to look at? It used to be much more culturally important, and now its completely different. I'll admit I don't know much about this part of town but I'm sure there is some history here to learn from.