HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


View Poll Results: Electric Vehicle Ownership Poll
I own a BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) 7 21.88%
I own a PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) 2 6.25%
I own an HEV (Hybrid Electric Vehicle) 2 6.25%
I'm considering a BEV (Tesla, LEAF, Bolt, etc.) 6 18.75%
I'm considering a PHEV (Volt, etc.) 6 18.75%
I'm considering a HEV (Prius, etc.) 3 9.38%
I would only buy a non-electric gas or diesel car 3 9.38%
I don't want a car 4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 5:55 PM
Truenorth00 Truenorth00 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 29,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
While it is nice having the canopy with solar panels on it, to me it would be more efficient to have vehicles parked either at an angle or perpendicular than having parallel parking. They will also need longer, pull through spots for those towing a trailer.
The lane and curb design seems a little odd. But then again, it's the UK. There's probably not as much towing going on. I would assume any such facility built in North America, would be laid out differently.

Also, canopies can be built to accommodate cars parking in any orientation relative to the curb. It's always been odd to me actually that the OnRoutes were built without solar canopies. EVs aside. It's the perfect place to put a solar farm to power the service centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
There seems to be a lot of wasted space in the service building. That might work a luxury service centre with fees to "weed out the peasants" , but for the masses, you need a more space efficient environment.
I don't see that. Looks like same footprint as one of our OnRoutes, but with two floors. And the second floor doubles as their sales centre. They lease and sell EVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
This is also based on the false premise that you need to sit around waiting for your car to charge. The reality is with the faster charging that is rolling out, in the time you need to go to the washroom and grab some drinks/snacks you can get enough charge to get you to the next place you are wanting to take a quick break.
They have lots of 150 kW and some 350 kW chargers. So I don't think they are assuming you sit around. The whole downstairs looks designed for a quick bathroom and snack break. Very little seating downstairs. But lots of retail.

What's interesting to me is that this got done with private capital. They were able to gin up a business model that works on selling services to EV drivers. I'm wondering why the OnRoutes who have 80% of the infrastructure built can't do the rest and make money on it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:50 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.