HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2020, 7:32 AM
waves's Avatar
waves waves is offline
waves
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Vancouver
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
I still think this makes sense. A station at 96th would be near all those new Larco office buildings.



Past SkyTrain studies have suggested the opposite
- that Columbia - Lougheed would be a "shuttle service" due to low ridership,
with emphasis on the high ridership line to Surrey.
That open pathway of land along Quibble Creek is because of the powerlines. Is it possible to fit in an elevated guideway and the existing powerlines? I am not sure, but it sounds nightmarish, even though it would be an elegant solution if possible.

As for the the splitting of lines causing a reduction in headways mentioned by MC, I would counter that's not totally accurate; there are many creative solutions that can be had for interlining. I have mentioned these ideas before in the TF thread discussing the North Shore, and these ideas have been reaffirmed through the recent planning done for RRT to the NS. I don't have the sources on hand but they are out there if one goes digging.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.