HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #13541  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 12:34 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Well, I waited like 7 hours apparently so looks like I'm taking first post again.

Another set from my own lens.



Summer Adventure by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Summer Adventure by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Midnight City by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Last edited by Chadillaccc; Jul 18, 2020 at 12:44 AM.
     
     
  #13542  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 12:39 AM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,725
The installation wpuld have been very popular if animated.I had no idea the animatronics got axed. So all we have know is a chrome statue of 2 Wacky Inflatable Tube men. I still like it but damn that —.
     
     
  #13543  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 3:44 AM
ZeDgE ZeDgE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,208
Thought this was a very cool pic from Reddit. Probably from a drone?



Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/comments/ht9th9/hey_calgary_look_behind_you/
     
     
  #13544  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 4:31 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Wow! That's the storm that just happened! I have ground photos of it. It was intense. It looks too low to be a plane, and nearest skyscraper is 1 km directly north (left) and still UC, so definitely a drone. Amazing shot.
     
     
  #13545  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 4:51 AM
savevp's Avatar
savevp savevp is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,340
Would that view be from over Kensington looking east? You get so used to seeing the mountains in the background of Calgary shots that I'm not sure If have my bearings.
     
     
  #13546  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 4:57 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by savevp View Post
Would that view be from over Kensington looking east? You get so used to seeing the mountains in the background of Calgary shots that I'm not sure If have my bearings.
That's from West Hillhurst (19 Street foreground, 14 Street and 10 street [Kensington] midground) looking east at downtown. The opposite view than the one that typically includes the mountains.
     
     
  #13547  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 4:59 AM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Well, I waited like 7 hours apparently so looks like I'm taking first post again.

Another set from my own lens.



Summer Adventure by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Summer Adventure by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Midnight City by Chadillaccc, on Flickr
Nice shots. It drives me insane how Telus Sky and the Bow merge together into a fat box from that angle in the last pic though. Shouldn’t the light display be on at that hour? Would at least separate them more.
     
     
  #13548  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 5:04 AM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeDgE View Post
Thought this was a very cool pic from Reddit. Probably from a drone?



Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/comments/ht9th9/hey_calgary_look_behind_you/
Wow! Glad to see someone with a drone got a pic of that storm. I’ve never heard such loud thunder or seen such crazy cloud formations before. It’s even more massive than I thought from that angle. I couldn’t tell the scale or if it was localized to where I live in the SE.
     
     
  #13549  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 5:32 AM
lio45 lio45 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 44,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
Side note: that's the neighbourhood I'll be staying at in a few months. I can see "my" building in the foreground. (fingers crossed for no 2nd wave in the meantime...)
It's the neighborhood I go to buy specialized electric stuff. During peak Covid, I've also gotten middle-of-the-night food a couple times from that extremely non-urban McDonald's (you can see the big yellow M in the pic) that occupies a prime lot bordering both Quebec and Main streets.

I'm just northeast of there.
     
     
  #13550  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 2:45 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
It's the neighborhood I go to buy specialized electric stuff. During peak Covid, I've also gotten middle-of-the-night food a couple times from that extremely non-urban McDonald's (you can see the big yellow M in the pic) that occupies a prime lot bordering both Quebec and Main streets.

I'm just northeast of there.
I remember going to that McDonald's back in the 90s and the site did in fact feel very non-urban, just a McD's surrounded by a bunch of lowrise buildings and parking lots. It looks totally different now.
     
     
  #13551  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 1:47 AM
yaletown_fella yaletown_fella is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,423
D/p
     
     
  #13552  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 2:36 AM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
     
     
  #13553  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 3:07 AM
SkahHigh's Avatar
SkahHigh SkahHigh is offline
More transit please
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,794
^the best angle IMO, second place is from the Jacques-Cartier Bridge
     
     
  #13554  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 4:09 AM
Zeej Zeej is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Montréal
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkahHigh View Post
^the best angle IMO, second place is from the Jacques-Cartier Bridge
Only going to get better too with VSLP, BN HQ, Maestria and 1 Square Phillips adding some serious bulk and depth to the Eastern portion of the skyline. Can't wait to see the view in a few years.
     
     
  #13555  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 2:56 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
     
     
  #13556  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 7:16 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
Great Montreal pics.

Yesterday I was at the kondirondak lookout and it occured to me that with Maestria (202m + 185m, VSLP (200m), NB (200m), Square phillips (200m) and the 455 Rene-Levesque twins (156m + ???), the east side for he skyline will become dominant over the west side (bell centre cluster). The view from Mont-Royal will be bonkers in 3 or 4 years.

Last edited by Rico Rommheim; Jul 19, 2020 at 10:12 PM.
     
     
  #13557  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 7:25 PM
Brizzy82 Brizzy82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 615
Great MTL pics!
     
     
  #13558  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 7:40 PM
Sonog Sonog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 318

@jefrosonic
     
     
  #13559  
Old Posted Jul 20, 2020, 12:04 AM
MisterMillionz MisterMillionz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 48
Insane Edmonton shot

The view from Mount Royal is gonna drastically change within the next few years with these new ~200 m towers all popping up and I am here for it !!
     
     
  #13560  
Old Posted Jul 20, 2020, 4:57 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,149
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:29 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.