Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau
Here's what I actually said:
The words "🞵🞵🞵🞵" and "genocide" are commonly bandied about with regard to the European arrival to and presence in the Americas. My use of the word "savage" to describe the tribes and civilizations here was an obvious reference to the ritual human sacrifice that was a widespread practice.
Not even the likes of you is stupid enough to suggest that ritual human sacrifice isn't savage, I suspect. I admit that I used that word intentionally as a provocation in reaction to your dreary, clichéd protestations of the original sin of European descendants in the New World.
It was 🞵🞵🞵 for tat: if you can (ridiculously) say that Europeans are/were so evil that they dehumanized indigenous and African peoples, then I can say that American tribes and civilizations were savage for practicing human sacrifice.
|
“Not even the likes of you is stupid enough” to believe the myth that human sacrifice was a widespread practice here.
There were a multitude of nations in North America and only a few practiced that, and not even in what we now know as Canada.
The same thing is true of people elsewhere, including Europe, and probably my own ancestors.
Your ethnocentric assumptions read like something out of a 1950s tv show. Learn something new.
Your need to defend European settlers from their widespread and common crimes by using something that was used to unfairly dehumanize their victims is part and parcel of the racism Canada was founded on. Some of us want to evolve beyond that and some of us obviously want to keep our head in the sand.