Not that I'm going anywhere internationally but I assume YYC will get a pass from Transport Canada on allowing international flights the same as YYZ, YUL and YVR since a big portion of WestJet's international traffic is here. YOW and YEG not so lucky though.
Likely with limits as they are also planning on limiting how many flights can be operated to said airports by each airline. Wait and see and we should know later today.
The federal government is due to restrict international flights to only a few airports. I suspect you will see the schedule adjustments occur after that becomes public.
The federal government is due to restrict international flights to only a few airports. I suspect you will see the schedule adjustments occur after that becomes public.
YYC is included in the designated airports it seems.
My guess is that once all the Canadians are home WS will suspend CDG and move FCO launch. No one if there's enough demand to keep LGW at either YYC or YYZ.
My guess is that once all the Canadians are home WS will suspend CDG and move FCO launch. No one if there's enough demand to keep LGW at either YYC or YYZ.
I am going to guess that WS plans to keep LGW going out of YYC, otherwise I doubt YYC would have made the federal government's list of airports continuing international flights.
I believe WS will keep its long-haul schedule as planned until the end of the month. After that, I believe LGW will be kept in some capacity. Maybe it could rotated off of YYZ? As for CDG, I can see them suspending it until May or June. Like yesterday, today's outbound flight to Paris has about 60-70 people on it. Inbound tomorrow is 100% full.
FCO / DUB / GLA will all likely get delayed or outright cancelled.
Also YYC is expecting a 30% drop in passenger volume this year (about 5 million less).
Air Canada:
LHR - Unchanged
FRA - Unchanged
NRT - Suspended until June 30
WestJet:
LGW - Suspended until April 22
CDG - Suspended until April 22
FCO / DUB - Scheduled as normal. Rome is still scheduled to launch May 2.
KLM:
AMS - Unchanged
British Airways:
LHR - Unchanged
Hainan Airlines - Suspended indefinitely
More changes are highly likely.
That will change very quickly unless you like flying empty airplanes coming up in the next few days. New routes by anyone are going to take a long time to recover when they start again world wide.