Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery
I think that Seattle, with it's completely renovated former arena, is ahead of Vancouver and once that happens, Vancouver won't get a team.
|
I don't know if that's true. Vancouver got the Grizzlies at a time when the Sonics were still around, although admittedly that was part of the league's big push into an international market and not just a one-off relocation/expansion. Vancouver would definitely be behind Seattle for the next team, but after that I'd say Vancouver has a shot.
MLS certainly has a vibrant three-way rivalry between Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver. I think something similar would be attractive to the NBA if they ever did decide to expand. There's enough people and corporate dollars to go around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
Having a flashy new stadium to sell at step prices is normally part of the NFL's playbook in new markets... Can the 1980s-era Skydome pull that off? Assuming Toronto were to land a team and have it play there, it would be one of the oldest stadiums in the league right on day one.
|
It would also be the smallest in the league. Once the Raiders move to Vegas, the next smallest would be Soldier Field at 61K. Hard to imagine that ever working, but the NFL faithful in this thread are committed to the dream.