Quote:
Originally Posted by wave46
Eh, what's there to talk about otherwise?
The Expos coming back to Montreal?
The Nordiques coming back to Quebec City?
I don't see much of a business case for any of the big-4 major sports leagues expanding in Canada in the near future. If an Eastern US NHL team comes perilously close to folding, Quebec City may fall 🞵🞵🞵-backwards into an NHL team (like Winnipeg did with the Atlanta Thrashers), but otherwise the deck is stacked too much against it.
|
If you had to put money on one of these scenarios to be true as of January 1, 2025, which one would it be?
1. Quebec gets a NHL team
2. Montreal gets a MLB team
3. Halifax gets a CFL team
4. Vancouver gets a NBA team
5. Toronto gets a NFL team
I wouldn't say any of those are likely scenarios, but at the same time I wouldn't say that any of them are totally impossible either. If the dollar were to somehow creep up closer to par, it's possible we could see a couple of those scenarios play out.