Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR
The way I interpreted that link from rapid is that a much higher amount of condo's in Edmonton and Calgary are rented out.
With the upcoming large amounts of purpose built rentals in the near future in these markets, the condo rental market will be decimated. If I was some random guy who picked up a few condo units ten or so years ago thinking renting them out would be a decent investment i would be shitting my pants.
|
The whole market is down right now. There's a significant glut of condos and prices are falling but houses are dropping too. We're looking at a solid 1 owner 60's bungalow in Terrace Heights on a 50' sub-dividable lot that needs a full update but is well located for a rental, it looks like we're going to be able to get it for well under $250k. A little risky because I think the market's going to sink more yet but at that price I think it's a killer deal.
The prices on condos in the deep SW is insane. They can't give those things away right now. In the downtown/ Oliver area it looks like prices are back where they were at in 2004, lots of deals to be had.