HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #941  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 8:39 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,280
Zippity Zoom Toys had announced they were closing, but have since announced their daughter will be taking ownership and keeping it open. That's a great independent that is wonderful to see continue.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #942  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 7:23 PM
J_M_A's Avatar
J_M_A J_M_A is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 32
I noticed that Sears Home on Quance is leased. Any idea who might be moving in?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #943  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 8:15 PM
CoryB CoryB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,201
[QUOTE=Draftsman;8479751]You just have to wonder "who's next?".]/QUOTE]

EB Games posting financials rangers from tiny profits to small loses for many quarters now over a few years.

Lowes/Rona - missed their recent quarterly projections due to slower than expected sales in Canada and closed a number of locations in late 2018.

Saks and Off 5th - with the Home Outfitters news came a report that 20 US based locations will likely close. The whole chain could get pulled at some point.

Also hearing Reitmans et all (Addition Elle, Pennigtons, R&W etc) seems to be in trouble.

Yup. Grim time to be in retail and I am sure even those are just the tip of what is happening.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #944  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 8:31 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,064
[QUOTE=CoryB;8489497]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
You just have to wonder "who's next?".]/QUOTE]

EB Games posting financials rangers from tiny profits to small loses for many quarters now over a few years.

Lowes/Rona - missed their recent quarterly projections due to slower than expected sales in Canada and closed a number of locations in late 2018.

Saks and Off 5th - with the Home Outfitters news came a report that 20 US based locations will likely close. The whole chain could get pulled at some point.

Also hearing Reitmans et all (Addition Elle, Pennigtons, R&W etc) seems to be in trouble.

Yup. Grim time to be in retail and I am sure even those are just the tip of what is happening.
"The Amazon Effect" ... sounds like a horror movie title.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #945  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 5:10 PM
sastaunik44 sastaunik44 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_A View Post
I noticed that Sears Home on Quance is leased. Any idea who might be moving in?
I would like to know...anyone?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #946  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 10:23 PM
Regina Boi Regina Boi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 468
[QUOTE=Stormer;8489528]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post

"The Amazon Effect" ... sounds like a horror movie title.
Well I'm not sure the Amazon effect has anything to do with EB games. Buying video games has evolved just like renting movies. You can download them on all platforms now.

Kohl's department store in the US has come up with a brilliant idea, which has really turned things around for the chain. They now are accepting Amazon returns in their stores.! I'm not sure exactly how it works, but just think of all the new bodies they are getting through the doors.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #947  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 10:44 PM
pappcam pappcam is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 827
Someone butchered the quotes so I can't follow the conversation anymore. Does anyone here fix that stuff?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #948  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 7:18 PM
sastaunik44 sastaunik44 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 58
anyone found out whats going into old Sears Home building yet?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #949  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 10:00 PM
Tyler19944 Tyler19944 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 110
Anyone have any updates on the Cornwall renovations? Im excited to see the after pics.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #950  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 2:50 PM
Kegger Kegger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler19944 View Post
Anyone have any updates on the Cornwall renovations? Im excited to see the after pics.
They are not quite done yet. Still some tiling and other work to do. They have fully replaced the furniture in the food court.

I will take a few pictures of the place for you once I see the floor is complete, I am through there several times a week.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #951  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 6:47 PM
pappcam pappcam is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
They are not quite done yet. Still some tiling and other work to do. They have fully replaced the furniture in the food court.

I will take a few pictures of the place for you once I see the floor is complete, I am through there several times a week.
Other than some tiling around entrances to businesses it seems most of the tile is in. I'm not sure what the plan is for grouting the tile though.

I don't like the new furniture as it seems jammed in to any space they could find but I guess that means there's more seating for those days when it's really busy.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #952  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 8:16 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Other than some tiling around entrances to businesses it seems most of the tile is in. I'm not sure what the plan is for grouting the tile though.

I don't like the new furniture as it seems jammed in to any space they could find but I guess that means there's more seating for those days when it's really busy.
I hope the new furniture is more modern than the previous and away with the browns and darkness.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #953  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2019, 2:31 AM
pappcam pappcam is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I hope the new furniture is more modern than the previous and away with the browns and darkness.
The furniture is definitely brighter but like I said it just seems stuck in there with not much planning.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #954  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 2:27 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by sastaunik44 View Post
anyone found out whats going into old Sears Home building yet?
Children's play centre thingy.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #955  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 4:38 PM
sastaunik44 sastaunik44 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Children's play centre thingy.
That's a lot of rent to pay for kids to play in...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #956  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 4:58 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,280
Marshalls (Prince of Wales/Quance) was set to open April 09.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #957  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 5:05 PM
jigglysquishy's Avatar
jigglysquishy jigglysquishy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,326
It's basically what the Rec Room is in Edmonton. Kid friendly, but very much geared towards adults.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #958  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 7:31 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
It's basically what the Rec Room is in Edmonton. Kid friendly, but very much geared towards adults.
There's also "Baller's Rec Room" on Dewdney.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #959  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 3:01 AM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,390
Cornwall Centre Interior Renovation Update





















New Interactive Mall Map



Bathroom Renovations



Foodcourt










Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Jun 1, 2019 at 3:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #960  
Old Posted Jun 2, 2019, 6:04 PM
Tyler19944 Tyler19944 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 110
Thanks for the pictures!

This renovation is definitely a step in the right direction. Here’s hoping the Cornwall continues to make progress and develop. I hope the Sears location gets a quality makeover inside and out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:35 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.